Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring has Sprung


This is what I hear when Aaron is at the table. He inquires if his siblings are going to eat what is left in their plates or bowls. He is growing too. I had to take him to the store for 18 slim pants because he grew out of the 16 slims I purchased a month and a half ago. I am so happy to know I can find slims at JC Penney's.

::::::::::::Spring:::::::::

...and so are the gnats and mosquitos! Thanks to the load of rain we have received in the last few days there are ample amounts of stagnant water. Rachel and I did a quick step through the woods at the park to get to the library. I dropped her off and walked another couple of miles, then went and got her so we could go to the Art Show at her school. I showered first...a major necessity.
Eve stayed home with me today and played on the computer, watched tv and got trounced in several games of Connect Four. She thought I should let her win because she was home sick. Hey, that is the best time to beat somebody! She is starting to sniffle, so apparently what she has been fighting with a headache and low grade fever has developed into a cold.

:::::::::::::::::Eve, The Builder...Can She Build It?...Yes, She Can!::::::



Eve goes to Chick-Fil-A with Grampa Jim after building:


::::::::::::Pinewood Derby:::::::

I am almost finished with Noah's Pinewood Derby pages. He had a great time and he even won one heat. That was exactly what he hoped to achieve. Being last every heat last year was a bummer, so a couple of second place heats were cool too.

::::::::::::Art Show Pics Forthcoming, as well:::::

Eve's Kindergarten used Mary Cassett, Noah's was Grant Wood and Rachel's was Frieda Kahlo. I hope to have them up tomorrow. Well Aaron is finished bathing and Eve has gone to sleep. Rachel is reading and Noah is building Legos. They all need to be in bed, so adios!

2 comments:

Carol said...

What an absolutely fabulous series of Eve and her building. It's wonderful, love the numbering too.

As for Aaron, my goodness, I get the same comments from my husband! LOL

Sue said...

Aaron is growing and growing and growing. He is so handsome, too.

Eve must get well because this is Home Depot Workshop weekend!

Rain and mosquitoes - itchy, itchy.