Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, June 05, 2009

Rachel Was "Out of This World"

Rachel's group went first with their skit. The idea was funny and Rachel got a couple of big laughs. She annunciated and projected. I was so proud. Here are some photos. I still have to upload the video I made of her performance.
The Rachel Taylor fan section:

Kinda of a rough crowd, apparently:

Rachel gets the giggles after she makes a gaffe during the dance number:

Stage makeup that she really wanted to get off:


This face is one any alien would be proud of:

Rachel talks to one of her elementary school teachers:


Here is Rachel with two of her camp counselors:

(I think if I keep taking her photo she will get a cramp in her tongue and her eyes will stay permanently crossed...that would please her).
After the performance Rachel requested a stop at Arby's for a roastbeef sandwich and curly fries and we complied. This looks like something we will be doing every year (this was her 2nd drama camp). She wants to join the Drama Club at our local high school, and I hope she will take part in middle school when the opportunity comes up. Crazy, but fun times.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::Cub Scout Camp::::::::
Noah finished up his Twilight Camp experience. He was able to work on several things at camp that they will award at the next Pack Meeting. The evening was the best time to hold a summer camp. He also got to perform a skit with his "patrol" and he is good at projecting, so I was proud of him too. I remembered to bring our canned food donations, finally. Noah's group won for bringing the most food. YEAH! He got a little toy surprise that he gave to Evey.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::Scout Camp:::::::::::::::
Michael and I will be driving to pick up Aaron and one other guy in his troop on Saturday morning. I bet he grew taller on me.
Take care! :)

4 comments:

Sue said...

As always fabulous photos of the practically perfect grandchildren. I am still searching for Oinky and hope that I will find him before Noah returns.
Love all the newsy bits!
Everyone is having a wonderful summer fun time.

Michael Taylor said...

She did do prety good didn't she? I had fun watching her performance.

Lisa Lee said...

Such fun seeing your kids and remembering when you two were 'kiddies'. Esp enjoy your scrapbook pages - i'm the 'just stick em in the page' type, so I appreciate your creativity.

Carol said...

What absolutely fabulous photographs. Bravo Rachel.