Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bug Catcher:


Here is a layout of Eveybug:

background paper 9th Avenue by IOD, Princess hat from Hollie Hats and Sun felt from the Sunshine kit by Tiff Brady, Easel doodle by Lisa Dozier, Make up doodles from Girly Girl by Christina Dudley, Dandelion from Donna Rafferty, Chalkboard element from Dinner Party by Sara Carling and Shabby Princess, Star Doodle by Ida, Blue Bird by Keri Schueller called Christmas Whimsy, Fairy by C Bender, Cat doodle by CBaumann, Real Buttons by Lisa Whitney, Note paper from Note This by Gina Miller, Font: Typical Writer

Text:
Eve had a very busy year in 2006. She participated in Homeschool Run club with Aaron. We visited Disney World with all of the Taylor cousins, aunts, uncles thanks to Granny Sydney Taylor. Every Friday was sleepover night at Granny & Grandpa Jim Towheys house.
Some of Eve's favorite things are the color yellow, eating grits and making biscuits at Granny Sue's house. Eve also loves to do "make overs" with eyeshadow, lipstick, powder and nail polish supplied by Granny Sue. She loves Playing with her cousins Tyler Morgan, Isabell Taylor and Kendall Hardin.
One of Eve's quirkiest things is she actually enjoys being tickled under her armpits. Her favorite snacks are fresh strawberries, raw carrot sticks, and vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup. We still call her silly nicknames like "Chugger Bugs" and "Evey Buglet" Granny Sue likes to call her "Evealicious". Her favorite t.v. show for the year was Dr. Who. She likes to pretend she is an animal, like a cat, dog, or pony. Her current aspiration is to grow up and be like her big sister, Rachel.
::::::::::::I GOT CAUGHT::::::::

by the virus going around our family. I was in bed all day. Michael came home early from work to check on me. Aaron was a trooper and held down the fort. Eve was still below par so we hung out together...in and out of sleep. Noah stayed home from school because his stomach hurt. I wasn't about to send him to school with the possibility of a blow out. Aaron cooked Ramon noodles for Eve's lunch and I think Noah only wanted Sprite. Food is not a high demand item when folks are sick, which is kind of a positive trade off on being miserable.

:::::::::::Service Project::::::

Michael and Aaron will be doing a service project at a local bouldering area called Boat Rock. Clean up and mulching are the order of the day.

:::::::::::New Calling::::::

I am the new music leader for the children in primary. I am completely out of my depth here. I don't sing well... Michael says "Pick a note...any note and stay with it", but I can't. I don't play any musical instruments. (I tried piano, but trying to learn staccato did me in. My left hand never seemed to get into following the right.) I don't know how to conduct music either...HMMMM...Crazy, me thinks! My game plan is to know all the words to the songs, teach the kids so they know them, too and tell them to sing louder, so no one hears me. We had a meet your teacher night, so the kids would be comfortable come Sunday in their new classes. I introduced the theme for the year, but first we did "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". I had Michael and another sister that knows Japanese to come up and help me teach the kids. The words are fun and short in Japanese. I had another couple of folks do the same song in Spanish. I was tripping over the words because there were so many more syllables for every body part. This should be an interesting year. I told the Bishop that all I can do is improve...that's a positive attitude...I think!

No comments: