Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

VIRUS ALERT- WASH IN HOT:

I'm taking a brief moment to give "props" to my husband, children, Amana Washing Machine, Gain (Simple Pleasures w/ Mango and apple scent), and my Amana Clothes dryer. They have all been priceless today and useful. Evey bug has a bug...AGAIN! She started vomiting at 5:00a.m. right after she walked around our full size bed looking for me. Rachel's face threw Eve's powers of discernment off. Rachel had come in to our room about 2 hours earlier saying she had had a nightmare, so I cuddled with her. Once Eve located me she said she had wet and needed to change. (This is very unusual for her). I got Michael up since Rachel was sound asleep on my arm. He promptly got up and cleaned Evey up and cuddled with her. All of us were laying on our sides to fit. He quickly rushed her to the bathroom shortly after. When Rachel found out that Eve was sick she was eager to help. Since Michael was at work the kids all helped me with Eve. They all wanted to replace towels and get anything she needed to drink. Aaron and Rachel watched her briefly when I would run up to do a load of laundry. Rachel actually took out the dry clothes and made sure the lint filter was cleaned and then Aaron put the newly washed load into the dryer for me.
Michael ran by the store and picked up a few more liters of Sprite for this current round of sickness. He also had to get off work an hour early to take Rachel to her orthodontist appointment. Eve had a respite of about 2 hours and then threw up again. Michael is now cuddling her sleeping form on the couch.

School starts back tomorrow and Rachel just informed me that her stomach hurts. HHMMM?!? I think it's time to wash another load of towels!!!




::::::::::::::::::::ON A NICER NOTE::::::::::::

We had a lovely time at my mom and Jim's house for New Year's Day. The food was yummy and Jim's mother taught my mom and me how to play a dice game called Chicken. I won...woot woot! No money, or course...just fun.

My brother is byooki, too! Byooki is a Japanese word for sick...just like Evey.

:::::::::::::::SICK KIDS::::::::::::::

Noah really likes the new Mucinex melt aways for kids. It really seems to help his coughing be more productive and looser.

Aaron had gastrointeritis. Towels...lots of towels. Michael Lysoled the bathroom.

I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to set up a small curtained entry way that acts just like one of those decontamination barriers you see on all the sci-fi flicks!

Wishing you HEALTH and HAPPINESS for the new year!

1 comment:

janna said...

OHHHHHHHH I am sorry!!!
I hope it is just a 24hr bug!