Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Music personality:

I am blogging and listening to my new music downloads from walm@rt.com. I think music is an interesting view into personalities, so I will post these for public review. I have a rather eclectic taste in music, so here it goes:

Stitched Up by Herbie Hancock featuring John Mayer
Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts (I really enjoy watching the movie Cars)
Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer
Still the One by Orleans
Real Wild Child by Iggy Pop (this totally peps me up)
Live Like You Were Dying by Tim McGraw
Cha Cha Slide by Mr. C (The Original Live version...it annoys Michael, though)
Real Gone by Sheryl Crowe (also from the movie Cars)
My Little Girl by Tim McGraw (It makes me reflect on my daughters' growing up)
Where the Green Grass Grows by Tim McGraw (Really enjoy singing along with this one)


Here are a few earlier downloads I added to burn a cd for the car:

Through Being Cool by They Might be Giants
Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
Upside Down by Jack Johnson
Should I Stay of Should I Go by The Clash
Love Song by The Cure
Friday I'm in Love by The Cure

Another Cd we are listening to is Weird Al's new one: Straight Outta Lynwood

Michael says he identifies with a large percentage of the song "White and Nerdy".


:::::::::BTW:::::::::::::
Eve was quoting large amounts of dialogue from Spongebob today. My kids really need to get over their colds and go out to play!!!!!!!

:::::::::My Current Read:::::



Michael thought I would be interested in this book, so he checked it out for me at the library. I find forensics fascinating, but I don't watch CSI or any of those prime time shows. On the weekends I catch Forensic Files, Skeleton Stories, Cold Case Files are some show of that nature on cable at my mom's house. I learned from the show Skeleton Stories that because I'm a caucasian female I have a protuding spot underneath my nasal cavity that will hold a pen. This is one way of discerning race from a skull. In middle and high school I would show my friends a trick I had of moving a pen from my mouth to my upper lip, then back to my mouth, flip the pen around and stick it back to my upper lip. I didn't realize my race had anything to do with my ability to pull that trick off.

:::::::::::::::::HOUSE STUFF:::::::::::

The guys from Overhead Door Company came and installed our new garage door a couple of days ago. It is a carriage door with bean hinges. I'll try to remember to snap some photos.

Michael was able to replace the hinge on one of our base cabinets I broke when I incorrectly tried to hammer in the plate.

More demolition on the back deck tomorrow if a couple of our friends can come by a rip up deck boards.

Ciao!

1 comment:

janna said...

I want Weird Al's new CD!

Good luck with the deck.