Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, February 26, 2007

A Little Bit of This and That:


Posy Papers, Letter Pins, Sequins, Paint stroke from the Florist kit and Scribbly Alpha by Sandra Boddington, Bird and frame gift from Holly McCaig, Cardboard flip and tear overlay by Linda Gil Bildal, Inked paper from Saying It by Dani Mogstad, Inked edge by Nancy Rowe Janitz, Stitched Flowers by Natalie Braxton, Font: Ash94


Holly McCaig's Pop-Bytes Contest Kit, available on her blog:
http://hollymccaigdesigns.com/blog/?p=559
Font: Pea Haylie/Trashed
1. You take the time to tell me you love me and worry that you don't show it and say it enough.
2. You still dance with me, even though I try to lead.
3. You put up with my singing in the car.
4. You tell me when I'm wrong and accept when I do the same for you.
5. You clip my toenails...You are a brave, brave man!
6. You discuss with me your struggles and questions about life.
7.You let me "run off" to get a break when my day with the kids has been too much!
8.When you get free tickets to a hockey game, baseball game or a play the first person you call is me.
9.You help me clean the house when I get scattered, smothered and covered in stuff.
10. You fully intend to spend forever with me!

::::::::::::A couple of movies:::::::
we watched for home school:


They had some good materials for Black History Month, so we used this video as a supplement:

I thought the information in this movie was compelling. I would like to see the evidence from all the sources, but we humans are quit destructive. I read, today, that scientist have discovered several new species in the melting ice shelf. NPR had a radio program about folks who are excited about the ice melting in the area of the North West Passage. They realize that the area will be in demand as a major shipping lane when the ice is gone and should little to no concern that other places in the world would flood as a consequence. They were looking at in a purely economic sense. I suppose that is at the root of most of our problems in getting anything accomplished.

:::::::::::::::Health Class::::::

Aaron read couple of books written by a group called Junior Drug Awareness. One book talked about LSD, PCP, and other Hallucinogens. I asked Aaron what he thought of about Timothy Leary. Aaron's response, "That guy is whacked!" I thought that was a pretty good summation.

::::::::::::::When Kids Finally Get You:::::::

I dropped by the grocery store to grab a few items because Michael was going to be late getting home because of his apheresis appointment, and I didn't want to worry about dinner. Aaron came up to me after having gone to browse around and said, "You are probably going to say no, but ...I'm just going to go ahead and ask anyway!" Before he could ask for the specific item I gave him a big hug, which he accepted with a smile and I said, "You get me so well!"

::::::::::Newest Family Reading Time Book:::::::


Card catalog description
Having run away with her younger brother to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, twelve-year-old Claudia strives to keep things in order in their new home and to become a changed person and a heroine to herself.

No comments: