Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, February 11, 2007

What Lola Wants...

Lola gets! Is that a familiar song to anyone? I remember hearing it every once in awhile. It is the very seductive and sultry song from "Damn Yankees". Here is the synopsis on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damn_Yankees .
My mother was generous enough to invite me to attend the play along with her neighbor, Melinda, and some friends from work, the Burns and the Coopers, and two other friends, Suzanne and Stephanie. We went during dinner theatre and enjoyed eating spaghetti and chatting.
The cast and crew that preformed this most recent rendition of this play are from Holy Cross Catholic Church in Tucker, Georgia. This amateur group of thespians is professional in every way! Their director does an amazing job with every show. They call their group "Miracle Productions" and their goal is to raise many for Friends of Saint Martin de Porres. The money raised goes to feeding the poor.


:::::::::::::Earlier::::::::::::::

in the afternoon I was surprised to see my childhood friend Althea's car in my parents' driveway. She was returning the trailer she had borrowed from Jim. Happily, she stayed for a few more hours and we caught up on her most recent flight to Rome, Italy. Her next possible flight would be to South Africa. She really enjoys her job with Delta. We discussed old friends and new things going on in her life. We also discussed home renovations. She has been working on her home for a few years and we discussed Hardiplank as an option for the siding she wants to replace. She laughed when I told her we used Universal Khaki for the exterior because that is a color she picked for her interior hall. If you ever have Althea as your flight attendant you will feel very safe, because she is efficent, caring, and doesn't let anyone mess with her, or anyone else.

::::::::::::Benefits of Service::::::

Sister Patterson, one of our ward missionaries, called with a request at the first part of the week. One of the ladies in our ward was unable to pick up her children from pre school due to her husband's car breaking down. At first I hesitated because Aaron gets off track with his assignments when I have to run an errand, so I keep those to a minimum. Aaron was listening to the conversation and was quick to insist I go and help her and he would watch Eve. I agreed to go get this sister. Eve wanted to go, but I needed her car seat to help carry the children.
A few moments after I pulled up in front of the apartment this sister came out bringing car seats for the different children. I got out of the car and told her she could use mine and avoid having to take an additional seat. Her youngest daughter came out and stood in front of me and smiled. I put my arms out in an effort to see if she would come to me. She immediately put her arms in reciprocation and came right into my arms. If you have had a hug like this you know it is so sincere, trusting and moves you to the soul in its sweetness. We were instant pals. Her mother was very appreciative for the ride and we had a wonderful conversation on the way to the pre school, then she went in to pick up her children and their little cousin. When they came out her daughter remembered me from primary and realized I was Evey's mommy. She spoke to me as she got in the car and when we unloaded at her house. The most heart warming part of this to me was Janis speaking to me like someone she knew and liked. I have been trying to get Janis to talk to me since she and Eve were in the Nursery together 2 years ago. I smiled all the way home realizing she knew I really liked her and we were friends. Her mom is a sweet heart, too!

:::::::::Going off to photograph the house......

No comments: