Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, December 29, 2008

Being Rachel




That is a common description around our house and it is defined as: Someone who goes directly to their room, grabs a book and precedes to read for hours. The only time one stops reading is for a quick bathroom break and to force food down one's gullet, then run back up stairs to complete the book.

This phrase came about a couple of months ago and like Webster's Dictionary it became so commonplace that everyone new the definition and could apply it to others in the family not just Rachel. Rachel is very pleased that she has her own definition in the family annals. So, if you get bored today and need something to do why don't you try "Being Rachel".
(This lap desk is a gift from Laura and Marcus):



Rachel is in complete disagreement on this bit o'Flair. She thinks Time Lords and vampires coexist on an equal plane. The kids have enjoyed watching Dr. Who Season Four
and The Sarah Jane Adventures
. Eve was so excited to get her own K9
My mother feeds the childrens' science fiction fetishes.

::::::::::::My Own Time Lord in Miniature...

asked his almost daily query: "Mom, why does space exist? Why does time exist and why do we exist?"
He was asking me this while promising not to blow up the his electronics learning lab that Michael bought him for Christmas. Those photos are still on the camera. I'll try to pull these photos on to show you. Did I mention I need an external hard drive?

*Take care...I'm going to try and take a walk and hope the kids don't kill each other while I'm gone.

*post edited to say the walk was successful and the children are ALIVE! (I also added the pics of Rachel).

4 comments:

Lisa Lee said...

We are complete Dr. Who fanatics here. Hate it that who knows when we can get the Christmas special on SciFi! At least you can look at it in pieces on YouTube!

PS - Does Sydney or Benjamin have a web site, or anyother Taylors?

Sue said...

I love giving the children Dr. Who DVD's and robots and Daleks because I am as addicted to Dr. Who as they are and I can live vacariously though their fun play and appreciation of Science Fiction.
Noah wants his own K9 for his birthday.

Carol said...

I wonder who the new Dr. Who will be, I read that they're making the new series with a new one, or something like that. The few episodes I've watched with this one, I love him!!

"Being Rachel". I love it !!!

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh I hope I have some 'being Rachel' moments over the holidays!!!