Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Couple of Funny Things:

:::::::::Indexed is too cool:






::::::::::::My Crazy Kids:::::::

Breakfast with the Taylor kids on school mornings is loud, and usually includes an argument between Aaron and Noah. On Friday it was no different at the beginning, then Rachel started crying. I heard snippets of Aaron and Noah's banter, so I figured out what upset her so much. Aaron was trying to determine how easy it would be to throw a grappling hook and grab Noah's arm, then use the hook to rip his arm off. Rachel was absolutely disgusted and came running to me with tears streaming down her face. Since she declared she could no longer eat I sent her to brush her teeth. Eve joined her sister, while I told the boys they were using inappropriate conversation at the table. A few minutes later Eve and Rachel came back down stairs where upon Eve declared:

"I lost my appetite because of them! (complete with hands on hips).

Then, she did a slight turn of her head and asked, "Does anyone know what appetite is?"

Rachel and I got a good laugh out of that question.

Merry Christmas...soon!

4 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh boys can be frustrating at times, poor Rachel! Isn't Eve gorgeous? - at least she asked the question rather than pretending she knew!! Your house always sounds like lots of fun!

Sue said...

Creative children bring lots of laughs and some tears, too. I can't wait to see them open their gifts - then say "is that all?"
I probably did the same thing when I was their age. I was a spoiled child and I loved it. Thanks Mom an Dad!

janna said...

Merry Christmas!

Lisa Lee said...

Happy New Year and belated Anniversary from the Utah Lee household! I still have a picture of you and Tracie and Michelle at you wedding reception.

I love your blog. How do you do those button things? Love, Lisa Lee

David also has a separate blog from us if ya'll want to look at it.