Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Aaronism of the Day


Comment from Aaron for the day:

Aaron: "Hey, mom. You know I've been kinda of paranoid making Ramen noodles ever since I forgot to put water in the pan and almost burned the house down..." "Good times."

Mom: "Yes, Aaron. I remember."

:::::::::::::Fun with Friends:::::::::

I drove Miss Daisy (mom and Carol) to Suzanne's birthday party at Maggiono's at Ashford Dunwoody. We had a great time talking with everyone and the food was excellent. I loved the fried zucchini we had for an appetizer. I ordered the eggplant parmesan with the side of spaghetti with marinara sauce. No ice issues on the way home, which pleased me greatly.

Mom and I stopped off at the health food store for some avocado oil for Eve's eczema. My friend, Elizabeth, who also happens to be a nurse recommended this as something that would ameliorate Eve's symptoms. All the other creams we tried (and they are most of the brands on the shelf) caused a mild burning sensation. The doctor recommended all-vegetable Crisco. The Crisco was okay, but the avocado oil has no odor and soaks in quickly. It can also be used for cooking...BONUS! The avocado oil has been a great help...not a cure...but a soothing help for our lizardy lady.

::::::::::Snow Day:::::::


Okay, it was LAME on the scale of Snow Days, but the kids had fun with the neighbor kids. I made a ton of hot water and mixed several cups of hot chocolate and popped a mess of popcorn. Here are a couple of photos:





Rachel:


Evey



Smiles!

4 comments:

JP2E said...

It may have been a bit lame, but a poor snow day beats a good school day anytime...

Victoria said...

We are have some awesome teachers, so my guess is you would say differently if you met them. Learning ROCKS!

Michael Taylor said...

Ah yes, I can still smel the chared noodles now. Good times alright. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for driving the ladies to my birthday lunch. It was a great time and I am so glad that you were there to celebrate with me.

Suzanne-----