Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Little Bit of This and That:


Senior Prom Mini-Kit by Holly McCaig, velveteen flowers by Paper Moons (Annaben)

It is one of those little things in life that coincide nicely, My sister, Tracy, had a baby daughter a couple of months after I did. The little girls are growing up before our eyes soooo quickly. It makes me happy that they get along so well with each other. The minute they get together the giggling and squealing begin. They run off and talk in hushed tones and start in their world of "Let's pretend...". Like all little girls they often like to play exclusively with each other, which drives Rachel's siblings into a tizzy.

-----------------------------------------------

These are just silly collages I had fun putting together:




background photo by me, Peanut Cartoon drawing by Charles Shultz, The Thinker by Auguste Rodin (photo from internet), bird collage by Hope Wallace.



background from Jen Wilson's "Nostalgic Sepia", Einstein, jester hats and doll head by Maya, postcard by Kristy Ann Nerness

-----------------------------------------------

My husband is the BEST WIFE I've ever had:

He highlights my hair ever 2 months or so, with this stuff:



He actually loves the chemistry involved and the art. He looks at the results every time and critiques his efforts. He also teaches the children to cook and he taught me to change diapers. He mops and vacuums. He also helps with the laundry. This is all while working overtime at work to help pay bills, assistant scout master, and my sounding board.

No comments: