Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, November 03, 2006

What's Livin' in Your House?

Michael found a bird nest and a mud dauber nest in the vent in the side of our house where there was a vent that was "closed up" by the previous owners. He had to split the stud because the power cord ran through it, so he could repair the spot. He put in a new stud and patched the spot, then Tyveked the wall.
I was the glorified garbage gal. I caulked for just a bit...until I cut my leg on the flashing above the garage window. I didn't know I had cut my leg until I looked down. The stuff is rather sharp, so it was a nice clean cut.
My dad is taking a 3 day weekend off to go hunting with his nephew, so I will try to do some small stuff like clean up the work site and buy some new crown molding for the eaves and the porch.


::::::::::Eve:::::::::::::::
Looks like a poster child for Band-Aid. She twirls and trips through the garage, yard and work site. She has bruises, cuts and scraps. She cried her self to sleep this afternoon after she tripped on something in the garage and scrapped her knee for the second time in two days. I may have driven up the stock value in the Knee Band-Aids, alone!


:::::::::Noah:::::::::::::

Noah went with me to the grocery store. This is where I discovered one of Noah's bizarre fixations...coupon collecting. There are little plastic coupon holders on various places down each aisle. Noah had a wild gleam in his eye each time he spotted one. Noah explained his enthusiasm by telling me that if their is a coupon that means the item is free. He didn't want to hear about the actual rules in involved in the coupon world.

When I pushed the cart up to the side of the car Noah said, "I'll get these; you can get in the car!" He was serious. Several items were rather heavy so I assisted him, but he was equally as enthusiastic putting groceries in the car as acquiring coupons. When we arrived home he offered to take in the bag that contained his chicken tenders and that was it. Put a fork in him folks...he's done!


::::::::::::::Rachel:::::::::::

Was supposed to have Field Day at school today. I woke her up and reminded her to dress in a sweat suit so she could do all of the days activities and she promptly cried. She said she hated Field Day because she couldn't choose what she wanted to participate in. She also said that she didn't want to cause her class to be disqualified in any of the races. Apparently, her class had done a preliminary sack race and she fell down and out of the sack and her class was disqualified. She also has never liked the school's physical education teacher. He has a jock mentality, which is not surprising for his job. When Aaron was attending public school this same teacher made fun of Aaron for not being able to climb a rope, which caused other kids to chime in with their comments. The weird thing is this man knows my stepfather's family and happens to be friendly with them.
I called Michael to get his thoughts on the subject. He said, "I hated Field Day! She can do what she wants." He spoke to her and told her he appreciated that she was truthful about why she didn't want to participate and didn't fake being ill, so he would support what ever decision she made. I wrote her a "Get Out of Jail" Free Card by writing a note to the teacher that she was unable to participate, sans any explanation because it was really none of their business.
I asked her if she decided to do any of the events and she said no, but she cheered on her friends. I'm glad Michael is around to be an additional sounding board with the kids.


:::::::::::Aaron::::::::::::

Bowling is tomorrow. He has been trying to get out of school work, but that is normal. We are studying Tycho Brahe and Johannes Kepler right now. I'm always amazed at how people "see" things through mathematics.

2 comments:

sausan said...

LOL Victoria...do we have twins? When I read those stories about Noah, it seems as if you're talking about Joshua LOL..he loves coupons and cashier recipts (do you say that?) He thinks either of them are worth a lot of money! Sometimes I wish he was right LOL.
All my explanations on this matter are spoken to the wind (as most of the days, when I try talking serious with my kids LOL)and the only result is that he's asking before he takes them..but takes them anyway.

Oh, and Jacques Cousteau was my favorite sunday afternoon show...see how small this world is !

Have a great day!
Sylvie

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

Your kids always crack me up...I secretly (not so secret now, though!) hope mine grow up to be like yours. :)

Happy belated Halloween!

I visit your blog about twice a week, and sometimes forget to say hi..so, Hi! :D