Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, March 16, 2007

I've Been Invited:

by Cindy Irvine at Elemental Scraps to be part of her Guest Creative Team. Cindy was very complementary.


Sunlit Whispers kit by Cindy Irvine at Elemental Scraps, Cardboard Flip by Linda Gil Bildal, Rusty staple from Softly Softly by KSharonK, Font: Powell Antique, Hello Sark

This photo has my mom standing in the front yard of the house built by her father. She and I both loved to wander around and collect rocks. She told me she had quite a quartz collection, but her mother disposed of it on a day of thorough cleaning. The street that fronts the house is named Doris Street after my grandmother.
The house is still there, but with a subdivision all around it. I practiced driving whenever I got a chance when I would visit my grandmother. I loved the way the pebbles and the sand would sound as they ground under the tires. It was an interesting crunching and sliding sound.

::::::::::::::::::Girl Scout Cookies Aftermath::::::

Mom, Michael, Rachel and I combined to sell 220 Girl Scout Cookies. The cookies we purchased were gone in 4 days because Michael put them up high and told the kids they had to slow it down. I went to the credit union to exchange small bills for larger ones so that the "Cookie Mom" wouldn't have to count $770.00 in ones, fives and tens. I also had to allow time for the checks written to me to clear the bank.
When I presented the money to exchange to the teller she said I could count it out to her however I wished, but that she would have to re-count it. I counted everything into piles of $100.00 for convenience. When she did her count she came up $20.00 less than my total. I just stood their without saying anything and allowed her to re-count. She came up $20.00 less, again. I just kept standing there (I had counted that money 7 times, so I know what I had given her). On her third count she caught her mistake. I smiled, politely.
The money is now in the hands of the Cookie Mom and I am left with 35 boxes of cookies to send to the troops. Now I wait to find out the address of where the brigade is to be deployed so we can send the boxes.

***After all of the fundraising my mother does for my children...EVERY YEAR...I jokingly told her that when she passes on the title of the obituary should by "Death of a Saleswoman". She laughed and hardly agreed.

:::::::::::::::::::Sick::::::::

Aaron felt yucky all day yesterday. When I returned from Girl Scouts he leapt from the couch and ran passed me screaming, "Mom, I don't want to throw up!" I dropped everything on my desk and ran up the stairs after him. Unfortunately, his lack of desire to throw up was unconvincing to his stomach. He was able to relax enough to lay down and go to sleep. He fell asleep in his glasses, but I left them on encase he needed to be sick again and I didn't want him running head long into the wall, or kill himself on the mound of Legos on the floor.


:::::::::::::::::Spring Weather:::
is here and I need to put down some pre-emergent on the lawn. I also would like to get a gas trimmer, so I can get the weeds in all the areas of the yard.

:::::::::::::::::Cuba:::

My dad should be coming back from his mission trip from Cuba soon. He usually gets some good photos and he always has a great story. He has been all over the world doing service.

:::::::::::::::::Tie Shoes:::
One day it is exciting and new and the very next day it is common place. Amazing!

No comments: