Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Posthumus Happy Birthday:


to Theodore Geisel.


At this point it is also a belated Happy Birthday!

Doodle font from the Spring Collection by Sausan Designs, Border Lines by Sande Krieger, Fonts: Wishebone, Gypsy Switch
I was just thinking about all the fun books I read as a kid. His books may have been the start of my quirky sense of humor. I'm not sure I've met anyone unable to quote a portion of Green Eggs and Ham. My kids enjoy that one, but Eve is especially fond of The Cat in The Hat. I loved The Eye Book. I can't count the number of times I've read Wacky Wednesday. What a great introduction for experimenting with words and ideas. I hope you all have fond memories of reading. Oh, The Thinks You Can Think... if only you try!

No comments: