Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bathroom Rant:



What do most folks do the first day their kids are off school? If they are sane they may take the kids to the park or to the pool. I let mine watch Jeff Corwin movies about bats (they watched this one twice because they love flying foxes), amphibians, and different animal encounters. Aaron was off to a friend's house most of the day and Noah played computer games, which he kept asking me to read the directions. So, while they were mostly being self-sufficient I cleaned my bathroom and theirs.
Now for the rant: ARGH! I always cringe when I clean the bathroom knowing that in seconds the surfaces will be defiled by my family members. It is the same reason I hate doing laundry. You clean it. They put it on, then get it dirty and it winds up on the floor in just a few days for the process to start over again. The other thing I hate is that anyone can miss the large hole in which to deposit their offerings to the porcelain g*d. I'm thinking it wouldn't be so bad to build a guardrobe, but we don't have that much room between our house and the neighbors to let the smell waft. Also, my dear husband chooses to trim his own hair in the bathroom whilst sitting on commode, or standing in the shower, so fine black and grey hairs get sprinkled like some pepper around the bathroom and in crevices. It's kinda of like a chihuahua blew up! In the kids' bathroom there is a smearing of different colored toothpastes on the counter and the mirror behind the sink. You know the culprit by the toothpaste colors. Green (watermelon flavored Colgate) that would be Noah's, Red (strawberry favored Colgate) that would be Eve. Toothpaste spit on the mirror that is usually Aaron. Rachel's M.O. I'm not so sure about.

Product endorsement for the day is a nice, but not overwhelming smell and cleaning ability of Lysol Bathroom Cleaner.

:::::::::::::::On the Bright Side::::::

My name was the first one picked from the hat for a gift certificate to 2 Peas. I'm so excited!

Noah is demanding to be back on the computer!

Later, Smiles!

No comments: