Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, May 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Noah!



Yellow background by Amy Wolff, doodles by Kate Hadfield, staple by Michelle Coleman, and tag from Welli Designs at wedoscrap

::::::::::::Ocean's of Fun::::::::::





Text: A Tuna Fish that can't carry a tune? A Star Fish that can't get an acting job? A seven-legged Octopus? A Zebra Fish with spots? Join in the aquatic fun as little Tiger Shark and his unique collection of friends discover how their differences make them each special.

STAY BACK! STAY BACK!
STAY BACK from Great White! We guard him all day! We guard him all night!

Noah was a swordfish guard in his First grade production of Oceans of Fun". Dad, Aaron, Eve and Mom were in attendance.

Song: "We're Sharks! Leaving our marks!"

Summer Collab Kit at The Lily Pad,
Cluster Frames by Nancy Comelab,
Pirate Doodles and Musical Doodles by Kate Hadfield,
Thought bubble, arrow doodle and wave doodle from Dear Diary By Erica Hite,
Orange fish doodle by Pascaline,
Font: Farrah/ Mia's Scribbling/ Susie's Hand




Mom, Michael, the kids and I went to see the first showing of the morning for Shrek 3 on Saturday. The animation was spectacular. My favorite part, visually, was the wet fur on Puss and Donkey. The sub plots are always a lot of fun giving layers on meaning to this humorous adventure. I think my right and left lobes of my brain got all twisted up during a scene with Pinocchio! I think the visual homage to The Bionic Man with "Gingy" the Gingerbread Man was a hilarious! Prince Charming in his 80's leg warmers made me think of Fame. Eric Idle voicing a Birkenstock wearing Merlin was so perfect. The writers and artists seem like they grew up with me and watched the same shows, so the jokes seem crafted for me, but my kids got it on the physical comedy level. The soundtrack for the film also reminded me of some of my favorite 70's and 80's artists. The kids loved Snow White's sweet singing changing to the primal scream of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".

Since we joke about Noah being all thumbs we will use a Noah rating system for the film today and give it 10 THUMBS UP!

::::::::::::::::::::Noah's Bowling Party::::::::::

We took Noah Cosmic bowling for his party. Noah, Granny Alice, Rachel, Carson, James, and Hayden played on the bumper lanes, while Michael, Aaron and I bowled on a regular lane. Aaron beat us both times. Noah's favorite gift was an "Omnitrix" from Granny and Grandpa Towhey, which is from the show Ben 10 on Cartoonnetwork. The Omnitrix allows the wearer to turn into one of 10 different aliens. Michael and I bought him a digital camera that we found on clearance at Wolf camera. It is a Canon with large controls, so we thought that would be easier for his little hands. He got a couple of Ben 10 action figures and some fun planet stickers for his walls. Granny Alice got him a voice changer, little pump rocket, a swimsuit and beach towel. We had a cookie cake with an alien on it that Noah didn't want to eat. He just wasn't interested. Everyone else enjoyed their pieces of cake (Eve licked the icing off her).

:::::::::::::::::::::Ninja Warrior:::::::

After the party we went to my parent's house and watched t.v. The one show we all liked was Ninja Warrior. The obstacles were pretty cool and each contestant had us rooting for them because we were amazed that they would try this stuff. The most dizzying was a barrel roll down an incline. The other interesting aspect to the show was that no one actually has to win. Another thing is the number of people who keep trying.

:::::::::::::::::::::Sunday:::::::::

Leading music was kinda crazy on Sunday. Michael made the comment that it was like all of the kids were on crack. They were all squirmy and chattery, and the older boys were literally bouncing off the walls.

We went to my Dad's house after Church and showed them my Shutterfly books and had a yummy lunch. Alice had made sweet potatoes, pinto beans with okra, cornbread, sliced tomatoes, turkey breast. My dad just got back from his second trip to Liberia on a mission trip for his church. He leaves today for North Carolina where he will be helping re-build a house for a blind lady. Later on in the Summer he and Alice will both go to Montana to help out with service there and to do some sight-seeing.

Then, we had family home evening on the opposite side of the highway in McDonough...(pronounced "McDonna" *thanks for the translation Donny and Kim :). Again, I showed off my various Shutterfly books. The kids were thoroughly filthy from playing with the dogs in the back yard and just playing around. They had a lot of fun playing with their cousins.

The kids were exhausted when we got home, but they were dirty so they all got a bath. I thought Rachel was going to disintegrate into a puddle of estrogen because she was so tired. I helped her wash her hair while she soaped herself up and rinsed. No time to read just prayers and sleep.

:::::::::::::::::::Finishing Slideshow today:::::::::

I'm finishing up the slideshow project today. I have to design the cd cover and burn it with the lightscribe printer, then create the dvd cover. Unfortunately, my color ink is running out and I can't find a replacement. I need to check a couple more stores today.

Smiles!

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

Oh. my. GOSH!!! You watch Ninja Warrior, too??? I was so happy that the "fisherman's son" got through the first part!!! And when he didn't make it at the end, I was bummed. My son (4.9 year old) said, "When I grow up and get big, I want to do this. I'm going to win. With twenty-EIGHT seconds." He thinks 28 is a huge number, because his dad (my DH) told him that I'm "really old". ha-ha We watch that show every Saturday. LOL
Anyway, I have to read the rest of your post now. :D