Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote!



:::::::::::Non Sequitor::::


::::::::::::Indexed.blogspot.com



::::::::::::Christmas Tree Fundraiser


Aaron's new troop does a fundraiser each year by selling Christmas trees. Tonight our family will sign up for a shift. I love the smell of Christmas trees and Aaron likes helping people pick one out. We have been buying from the troop for a few years, so this year it will be fun to help on the other end, too.

::::::::::::::::Family Home Evening Dessert Time


Eve chose to go to Bruster's ice cream store after Family Home Evening. There was a cute, young guy behind the counter and we kept teasing Rachel about him. She was actually oblivious to him, which made us laugh more. I'm glad she was only interested in her Cotton Candy Explosion ice cream.
I had a chocolate malt to ensure that my 6 mile walk and 4 mile bike ride exercise effects were completely negated in one yummy, calorie-filled drink. Michael and Aaron had a huge brownie sundae. Noah had a dirt sundae and Eve went for chocolate with candy eyes.

:::::::::::::Cotton Candy Party:::::::::

I'm holding a Cotton Candy party for the class in each grade level that purchased the most yearbooks. I bumped into Eve's preschool teacher, from last year, and she offered to help me. I need all the help I can get because two of the grades tied for top sells. Michael tested the machine and gave the procedes to the kids. They were quite thrilled. The weather should be good and hopefully people will behave after the election returns tonight.

3 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

I'm glad you saw the Index card too. It's one of her best.

As always Non Sequitor hits the mark too.

Sue said...

Cotton Candy - I love pink cotton candy yummy! I know the children will love that reward.
I love chocolate Malts. I should just apply them to my hips but at my age who cares - bring it on!

janna said...

I love the flair you post!!