Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday Happenings




Kim had these questions answered about her hubby and I thought it was so cool, so here are the questions and my answers about Michael:
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV: what is on the screen? Survivorman, or Mythbusters
2. You’re out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Balsamic Vinagrette
3. What is one food he doesn’t like? Walnuts (allergic)
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? A water on the rocks, or a rootbeer.
5. Where did he go to high school? Parkview
6. What size shoe does he wear? 8 ½ wide
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Climbing gear, guitars, and guitar paraphenalia.
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? Cheese wit'.
9. What would the Husband eat every day if he could? Ramen noodles made by his favorite Ramen guy in Japan.
10. What is his favorite cereal? Honey Nut Cheerios.
11. What would he never wear? high heels.
12. What is his favorite sports team? He doesn't have one.
13. Who will he vote for? He is an independent, so it depends on the issues.
14. Who is his best friend? me.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? Get in foul moods.
16. How many states has he lived in? 3(Utah, Georgia, South Carolina)
17. What is his heritage? English.
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind? German Chocolate.
19. Did he play sports in high school? No, he was in band. He played Alto Saxophone.
20. What could he spend hours doing? Learning to play the guitar.

I've posted this layout before, but it works for this list about Michael:


::::::::::

I just kinda want something salty, right now.

:::::::::::
Thank you to my neighbor, Kristen, for sending over some tasty gingersnap cookies! I understand that she will take some baklava as a fair trade.

Rachel helped me make baklava for my mother to take to my Aunt Loly this weekend. I thought it was a sincere compliment to learn that it was the only thing she asked for from my mom for Christmas. I got her hooked a few years back. Southerners, for the most part, love pecans. My mom is trying to talk me into making some praline pecans. I just might.

::::::::::::
Conference time is here. Michael and I just got back from our conference with Noah's teacher. His test scores are great, but he is struggling in Social Studies. She said she would have someone come in and watch Noah's handwriting. We feel that his lack of fine motor creates a filter that slows him from getting his work done and legible. He can talk ALL DAY LONG, but writing is so hard...just the physical act.
Tomorrow we meet with Eve's teacher. I have to ask her about the shiner Eve came home with today. She said a boy in her class threw a chair and didn't apologize. The elementary school has a wonderful nurse named Carolyn that helped her feel better.

:::::::::::
Aaron went to a Marshmallow War at a friend's house, after school. He came home with a few scratches, but had a good time.

Take care...and watch for flying chairs!

2 comments:

klonghall said...

I love praline pecans... :-)

I'll have to look through Donnie's shoes. I can't believe they wear the same size.

janna said...

you have the best flair!!! & I hope you do not mind I started to copy you and posted a few flair on my blog too