Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, January 03, 2011

Naivete...Taylor Style


Adventures in Conversations with my kids:




First:




Noah came in after watching some show we picked up from the library and started explaining how someone might survive a fall from 100 stories. It entailed standing on top of a plank of wood and jumping up at just the right distance from the ground to avoid a deadly impact.




My response: "Your superhero days await you."




Noah's reply: "I wouldn't try it...I'm not sure what a survival distance from the ground is?




Michael then explained to him that no one would survive a fall from that height. Apparently, Noah couldn't figure out how he would be able to jump up from the board during the fall.






Second:




We will be selling Girl Scout cookies by the end of the week and I was picking Rachel's brain for some ideas for the annual ad. I thought a retro, or vintage style ad may be fun. Eve was hanging out with us by the computer.




I said: "I need to find a vintage Girl Scout picture."




Eve matter of factly: "Go to vintagegirlscout.com"




Rachel quipped: "Like that would work."




I googled the terms and got a link to vintage girlscout.com.




Eve said: "I told you."

4 comments:

JP2E said...

Put us on the list for some cookies, and listen to Eve, she is smart...

teacherninja said...

A friend was telling us a funny story about being stuck in an elevator and having visions of it falling and wondering if jumping at the last minute would save her. Our Mythbusters-watching kid announced, "Oh no, that myth was BUSTED!"

Michael Taylor said...

I think Noah needs a lesson on the law of conservation of momentum.

Sue said...

I am most happy that Noah isn't planning to do research on his theory.

Eve is a babe of the internet age.

Grandpa Jim is right when he says we will be buying those yummy girl scout cookies. Can't wait to see if there are any new flavors this year and of course we want our old favorites.