Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Rachel's Birthday and a sick little brother:

Rachel turns 9 years old today! She is very excited. I will take her to the store after school.

Noah,unfortunately, has croup. He gets it every year. Our pediatrician gave us a nebulizer to keep at our house when Noah was one. Last year after a rather harrowing bout of croup and a trip to the emergency room the doctor gave me two prescriptions of abuterol for back up purposes. Well, I broke into my supply and gave a very frightened boy his breathing treatment. It is scary watching him struggle to breath. Noah tends to drift off in a restless sleep, then wake up wild-eyed and barking in air and hitting his chest. He calls for me, but doesn't recognize me at first and babbles other words that don't make much sense. Michael is upstairs with him right now. Michael dosed him with Advil, which cooled his fever. I can give him a breathing treatment every 4 ours, so we'll see how the next few hours go. I hope he can rest and recuperate! I suppose one day he may grow out of his susceptibility to this horrid virus.


:::::::::::::::::

Aaron picked out to of the new Bioniocles for his birthday gift, which set him to building right after lunch. I was proud of him for doing well on his math quiz and test today. First of all, he didn't complain that I was giving him a quiz and test on his birthday. Second, he completed the test quickly and neatly. Third, he only missed one and realized his error and corrected it quickly before we left for the store. If only every day was met with such determination and effort!

2 comments:

janna said...

wow 2 bdays in 2 days.....
I hope Michael get feeling better~

janna said...

opps I mean Noah