Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, September 11, 2006

Remember 9/11

As many Americans today ponder the devastation of the terrorist attacks 5 years ago I would like to remember those who valiantly risked and gave their lives to save all those they could from the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon. The words for how I think many of us felt is Blind-sided. I recall watching the news in awe as the towers were burning. Confusion reigned as people tried to get a handle on what was happening and get help where it was needed, which was so many places at once. I cry tears of sadness thinking of the inhumanity of man against one another perpetrated in the name of God. It is a bizarre juxtaposition that from this inhumanity that compassion, charity, sacrifice and love comes like a phoenix from the ashes. I just wish it didn't take such atrocities to see that humanity emerge.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

I haven't said anything about the death of Steve Irwin from the barb of a sting ray. I've been impressed with his family from the news reports. Steve's father, Bob, is such a straight-forward and level-headed guy. I hope he sticks around for awhile to be able to teach Bindi and Bob. My children and I love to watch Animal Planet when we go to my parent's home. My kids have such an enthusiastic love and respect for animals with the help of Steve's over the top and fun personality. I hope conservation efforts will be maintained by those who must take over in absence of such a dynamic personality. Terri has such an easy going and wonderful personality. My heart goes out to her and all of Steve's family and friends. I feel for the crew that was with him who were powerless to change what had happened. I am not familiar, at all, with Germaine Greer who spoke rather harsh words about Steve and his contact with animals, but I can speak on the positive impression he has given my family on how to protect and preserve wildlife and their habitate. I believe that touching even one person's life for good gives an eternal benefit and for this my family and I are eternally greatful to Steve Irwin and Terri.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

This is one happy girl who has to wear glasses and braces. Rachel's attitude is "I CAN SEE and I'll have GREAT TEETH!"


frame and papers by Sausan Designs, overlay by Shabby Princess in the Studio Chic kit, E alpha by Sande Krieger called French Laundry Alpha, staples by Fhunglie from Soul Searching Kit, Stitch corner, flower, leather rose trim, Hand Stamped Brush by Michelle Coleman form Gypsy Rose, Emma's Sundress, and Birthday Kits. Vintage hand from Maya's Weird is Wonderful, Date Tags by Janel Kretschman. Fonts: Farrah and Artistamp Medium

1 comment:

sausan said...

Great LO, love your composition of papers and elements! And the photo is adorable ! TY for using my papers..but pls delete Jenkins..LOL I'm or Sausan or Sausan Designs or Sylvie Wagner LOL I know this is a lot of possibilities but there is no Jenkins among them!!
Sylvie aka Sausan Designs