Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Kid Logic and Dr. Who:

A new Noah story...
Noah and Aaron were rough housing in the den when Michael and I heard Noah squallin' his head off. I ran down to check on him and Aaron met me half way saying that he didn't mean to hurt Noah. Aaron explained that Noah had charged him from behind, so Aaron had stuck his foot up to fend off the blow and kicked Noah in the mouth. Aaron was apologetic and Noah was apoplectic! In the midst of his heaving sobs Noah said, "When I was charging him...and I was about to head butt him...he kicked me in the face!"
Well, with that explanation and the way Noah said it Michael and I couldn't stop laughing. Here was a kid who didn't think it was a problem to try to use his full force to slam into his big brother and reasoned that getting kicked in the face by a defensive blow was completely unjustified! Noah should fit right in with a whole lot of "wronged" people and maybe he can look forward to being the plaintiff in several frivolous lawsuits growing up!

:::::::::::::

My kids are Dr. Who fans. I used to watch the shows when I was a kid and even when to a sci-fi convention and got my Dr. Who book signed by John Pertwee. GEEK! (happily so, Thank you)! I really liked John Pertwee, Tom Baker, , Sylvester McCoy, Peter Davison and Christopher Eccleston. Now we the show has the tenth doctor with David Tennant and I like what I've seen, so far. The kids are completely fascinated and creeped out by the Daleks.
My mother bought Aaron the complete first season of the Dr. Who series with Christopher Eccleston and the kids have watched them all, including the interviews.

My mom had given me the movie "Shada" starring Tom Baker as the Dr. along time ago. One day we were talking about the crazy sets on Dr. Who and the kids were curious and they popped the movie in and Aaron and Rachel loved it. Noah and Eve are scared a bit watching, so they walk out of the room and back in to watch some of the show.

Michael is funny to have around during the show because he understands enough about science to get annoyed about things he thinks the writers should get correct. He can suspend his belief about some of the crazier stuff, but don't mess around with proven mathematics. It's like the Hiesenberg Compensator on Star Trek that they use to explain why they can beam particles of matter back in the same order. Heisenberg uncertainty principle states (in general terms) that one cannot know the quantum state of a subatomic particle to arbitrary precision. Therefore, matter transportation in this way should be impossible.GEEK! (happily so, Thank you)! By the way, I really miss K-9!


::::::::::::::::::

My daughter, Rachel, and I have gotten sucked into the drama on Project Runway on the Bravo network. We only see cable shows when we visit my mom's house and this one is kooky. Rachel gets mad at Jeffrey because he flips everyone off and is rude most of the time, but she is a fan of Uli. Rachel likes the fun colors and patterns. She also likes Michael Knight. I really like the chic looks of Laura's designs and Michael Knight. I remember designing doll clothes for my Barbie's out of old slips and cast off thread from my mother. My favorite look was a sleek white wrapped dressed in a Grecian style with a neckline resembling an onyk. I would sweep the dolls hair up like the drawings of the muses and weave gold thread through the hair to hold it in place. Fun stuff!

::::::::::::::::
COOL SITE ALERT:

Seishido.biz has some kickin' brushes. I use photoshop 6.0 and their freeware brushes are 6.0+ compatible. Can I hear a Whoo Whoo! I was so excited! They are Japanese, so that was a bonus for Michael's mission pictures from Japan. The brushes were of so many different things I felt like a kid in a candy store. I got this sweet tip from Lanne over at the Shabby Princess discussion board. So, thank you!

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

thank you very much for the brush site! :)

Glad you're back, and you had fun with your brother. :D