Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Two Fun Kids:

Noah's pet, Oinkey, is a nice furry companion that we don't have to clean up after:


Paisley Passion Kit by Sandra Boddington at Sweet Shoppe Designs,
Staple from Circus Train by Sandra Boddington,
Tea Overlay from Scrap Artist's Carefree kit,
Font: Ash 94

Text: "When mom and dad are sleeping in their bed and I'm trying to go to sleep I have a fearless friend who keeps two watchful eyes open for me all night. He is soft and cuddly too! He doesn't make a fuss when I throw him over my arm and he lets me pick the movie and never complains about my choice. I made him a bed out of mom's tissue box, but he prefers to sleep by my side. When I go to school I give him to my mom so he will be safe from my big brother, Aaron and my little sister, Eve. Did I forget to tell you that my friend's name is Oinkey? He is very friendly! You can pet him, but you can't keep him.


Noah"




Paisley Passion Kit by Sandra Boddington at Sweet Shoppe Designs,
Paper Tears from Fhunglie's Ultimate Torn Pack,
Scrap fabric template from the Grace Sampler by Katie Pertiet,
Font: Marcishand/Patchanka Px

Text: "What does a 4 year-old think about?
What makes you cross, joyful, or sad? What stops you in mid exploration to stare and marvel? So much to learn, so much to experience! Eve, one of the greatest joys in my life is watching you grow! Love, Mom"


::::::::::::::::Noah Loves Math:::::::::::::

Noah had us laughing again! As we were driving to Granny Sydney's house for her annual "Pagan Harvest Fest" Noah told us about a math program he was working on at school. He said, "There were 101 math questions on this new math program in the computer lab and I got 100 of them correct. I would have gotten them all correct, but I hit the wrong key and exited the program. I was going to type in 10 as the square root of 100, though." I started laughing because I'm certain I had no clue what a square root was in first grade. As usual, I had to tell him I wasn't laughing at him, but was simply amazed that he understood the concept.


:::::::::::::::::Costumes:::::::::::::

I helped Rachel create her rag doll costume with some funky horizontially striped tights, an old dress, a white apron, some pink blush, dark brown eye liner, and some pink lipstick. The only purchase was a braided yarn head piece from Jo Ann's. She looked adorable. She also wore her black boots from last year. I'll post pictures tomorrow, me thinks!

Michael will be sewing the boys' stuff tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing Noah as Patrick Star!

No comments: