Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Noah's Malady:

No, Noah isn't sick with the croup again. This is just a layout of his most recent bout a month ago.


Fall Velvet kit by Holly McCaig,
Kodak film pieces from Primitive Photography by Mo Jackson,
Tape from Primitive Scrapbook by Mo Jackson,
Journal blocks from Fading Days by Jen Wilson,
Card board from Urban Trash by Kim Gairusso and Julie Howard,
Real Stamped Alpha by Lisa Whitney,
Font: Opie's Ma, Pea Martha, Pea Angedawn.


::::::::::::House Renovations::::::::::::::

I'll upload the photos I've made soon. My dad has been bustin' his tail working on the house. We are residing in Hardiplank and I spend my time cleaning up after him, referring fights among the kids and caulking joints. Currently my fingers are coated in caulk.

The HVAC man is due to inspect our system today, but I hear he is rather backed up, so he will get here...eventually.


::::::::::DENTIST:::::::::::::::::

It was Aaron's turn to run the gauntlet. We drove to Dr. Healey's office in Roswell, which is a miserable drive in some of the worst traffic in Atlanta. I was saying to myself, "Shouldn't these people be at work! It's 9:15a.m.!"
We got to the office exactly at our appointment time. Aaron had no cavities! That is 4 for 4 in the kids department! WOO HOO! The doctor informed me that once Aaron's baby teeth are all gone, which should be in the next year, that Aaron would need braces to straighten his teeth more and close in the spaces. Michael has small teeth, so Aaron got that from him, but he doesn't think it is worth putting braces on Aaron. Time will tell...oh, well!

::::::::::::::MESSAGES:::::::::::::

Yesterday, Rachel had her substitute call the house to remind me that there was an Accelerated Reader Awards ceremony going on at 2:00p.m. Aaron took the call and never gave me the message. Rachel was disappointed that I never showed up. This is the second thing I haven't shown up to to take her photo and I think I'm getting a bad Mom Rep. One was my fault, but I really would have appreciated getting the message. I'm having a real hard time with Aaron lately, so I wasn't surprised. I feel the worst for Rachel who really lets these things get to her. I am really proud of her working hard at school.

Speaking of school stuff...Noah brought home several "100"s on his school papers, and they weren't just math. He is reading and understanding sound concepts and writing so much better. YEAH!


Smiles!

1 comment:

janna said...

Did you pick a color yet?

No cavities= :)