Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Feelin' Loopy

I went to bed early this morning and about 3am Eve walked in and climbed up into bed. Her skin felt cool and clammy and she would sit up and she was just restless. Then, she said she was going to be sick. How true! Poor kid threw up and then it was back and forth to try and lay down on the bed, or get comfortable on the bathroom floor. She is sleeping now and I'm MOM ZOMBIE! I hope she is feeling better when she wakes up!

::::::::::::::::::Puppets 101:::::::::

Here are a couple of layouts from our recent family reunion


My son enjoyed learning how to embellish his puppet with the help of his Aunt Lettitia.

Background paper and Doodle frame from Chalk Full of Fun by Lisa Whitney,
Boy Buttons by Natalie Braxton,
Crayon Doodles by Ida,
Messy Glitter Pen by Faith True,
Negative slide from Simples Expressions by Jen Wilson,
Felt Alpha by Designing On The Edge,
Crimped Alpha by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick
Crimped Playthings by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick
Font: DJB LINDSE1 by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick


Keeping It Together!



Text: Apparently, the twins had a habit of yanking off their diapers, and sometimes they found creative ways to use what they found in there. So, Melissa resorted to using duct tape to keep the diapers in place. Dakotta Rose gave me a suspicious look as I digitally recorded this bit of practical life.


Duct Tape Frame freebie from Valerie Foster
Midnight in the Garden kit by Kay Miller
Doodle Stitched Alpha, Wordy Bits, Rainbow Tape and Pipecleaner Flowers by Kate Hadfield
Big Boy Buttons by Natalie Braxton
Glitter and Old Proof Frame by Christina Renee
DJB LENA by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick
Holding It Together alpha by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick


:::::::::::::::::::::Cave of the Winds::::::

This is a fun tour we took on the American Falls section of Niagara:


Messy Staples by Kate Hadfield,
Glitter from Birthday Kit and HandStamped Alpha by Michelle Coleman,
Cluster Frames by Nancy Comelab,
Don't Be Negative by Gina Miller,
Font: DJB MICHAEL by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick



Must run! Smiles!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi Victoria! I love your layouts and your children are beautiful!!! I love the Anachronism layout. It's awesome! Love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria!
Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I so appreciate them.
I hope your daughter is well now and that you have gotten some rest!

Your work is lovely!

Hugs,
Thena

Mandy said...

Wow. I love how many photos you manage to fit on your layouts. And this one is so cool. Thanks for dropping by my blog. You paid me quite the compliment! Kevin is an awesome artist. So thanks!

janna said...

LOL
I have to tape my twins diapers on too. Or they would paint with things no one should touch....

LOL

janna said...

{HAD}