Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Note To Self...Yesterday was Thursday...

ALL DAY! Hmmm? Have you ever lost a day for some reason? It wasn't like I was in bed. I did the normal routine of getting up, making breakfast for the kids, checking email, reading the virtual news, playing around with digital layouts, working with Aaron on lessons for school. But, all day I thought it was Wednesday, the 15th. I assured Aaron he could go to the library after our classes were over because maintenance to the library wasn't until the 16th. Sooooo, Aaron biked up to the library a mile away and he had to turn around and bike back home without benefit of a drink of water because the water fountain was inside the library. The library, that is, that was closed for maintenance. He came in the house all sweaty went to the fridge and poured a glass of filtered water, drank it, then plopped on the chair. It was only then that I discovered it was Thursday. I started laughing at my complete insanity (surpise about the insanity part!). I called Michael and asked if he would take Aaron to Bruster's ice cream as a tangible and tasty evidence of my apology. So, after a brownie sundae I believe I received forgiveness.

::::::::::::::::Group W Bench::


Text: "Our first day in the truck included the kids demanding to listen to the song "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie. After that song anytime the kids were on a bench together it was referred to as the "Group 'W' Bench."

"This photo is taken next to the garden at Monticello, Virginia. Pic 3 Notice Rachel popping Aaron in the back of the head. Pic 5 Rachel is gloating and Aaron is annoyed. Pic 6 Aaron throws an elbow.

Tell me, do you FEEL the love?"

Stitched Frame by Emily Merritt
Paint Stroke by Michelle Coleman
Old Proof Sheet by Christina Renee
Book Plate Alpha by Christina Renee
Wordy Bits by Kate Hadfield and Tiff Brady
Paint spots from Doodle Alpha by Weeds and Wildflowers
Squiggle Fleurs by Jen Wilson
Doodle Frame by Kate Hadfield
Cardboard Tear by Linda Gil Bildal
Teeny Tiny Tags (stitching) by Jessica Bolton
Grunge Alpha by Birgit
Journal Highlights by Kate Hadfield
Font: DJB Michael / DJB JEANNIE script by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick



::::::::::::::::::::::::Storytelling::::::::::

my daughter Rachel loves to tell stories and is often asked by her friends in her girl scout troop to make something up, or by her little sister who needs a story to fall asleep. I would love for her to meet Carmen Agra Deedy who is a mesmerizing storyteller. I met Carmen Deedy when I was in my early 20s at the home of a friend. I would think she has no memory of that meeting, but she made a lasting impression on me. My mother keeps a collection of her books to read to the children when they are sleeping over at her house. Carmen has a new book out and here is the link to her website: Click ME!

One of my favorite stories retold by her is The Yellow Star: The Legend of King Christian X of Denmark


:::::::::::::::::::::::Bowling:::::::::::::

Since today, as I understand it, is Friday we will be going to the new season of homeschool bowling. Finding teammates is always interesting.

4 comments:

SarahG said...

I've had those days, it must be the heat!
Love the Lo that alpha is awesome and those pictures are Great!

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Unknown said...

So I am not alone in doing that - missing a day. Great LO - definitely can 'feel the love'. Enjoy today - it's friday - all day :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I know that one too! I even thought it's only Wednesday yesterday..See..you're not alone:) Love your page!

Happy Weekend!

Mwahh

Anonymous said...

The home you met Carmen Deedy at was her home in Tucker. We were there about 3 or 4 times for meetings of the Southern Order of Story Tellers. We gave her a copy of the DVD (probably VHS now that I think of it) of Johnny Lingo (original verson). You met her daughters there also.

Mom