Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, August 31, 2007

Far Out! or All Isn't Quiet on the Geek Front!

My dear certified geek hottie hubbie sent me this link to my email yesterday and I thought it cool enough to share with you fine folks.



The Sonic Screwdriver can be found at ThinkGeek.com

:::::::::::::::::::Eve's Tie-Dye::::

Luscious Papers by Bren Boone
Doodle Bird by Meredith Fenwick
Doodle Frame, Stitched Alpha and Rubberbands by Kate Hadfield
Block Alpha by Natalie Braxton
Vertical Frame by Nancy Comelab
Crayon Doodles by Ida
Kaleidoscope Papers by Sausan
Font: DJB Janelle by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick



::::::::::::::::::::Shakespeare of the Day:::::

"The Taming of the Shrew" is queued up on the VCR. "The Merchant of Venice" famous for the phrase about exacting a pound of flesh was yesterdays viewing. Aaron and I discussed the conflicts between the Christians and Jews brought out in this play. We also discussed how bonds and laws were important. Aaron was funny when he exclaimed, "these girls are dressing like guys, too!" He thought the cross dressing was odd...I suppose I should point out that that is a lot more common than he thinks.

:::::::::::::::::::::Tonight:::::::::

Medieval Times for dinner and a joust! The kids will probably pick at the meal, but enjoy the entertainment. I'm looking forward to a fun night.

Here's wishing you a great weekend! Smiles!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh...the Dr.Who notebook! I love that show! The screwdriver looks cool too :)

Melissa said...

Ask to sit in the black and white knights section. We took the girls for Rebecca's birthday 2 weeks ago and they loved it. I'm sure your kids will too.

Anonymous said...

How cool! I just bookmarked that! LOL

And that dinner sounds likes so much fun! I want to go!

Gorgeous layout! As always!

marcus said...

You should consider taking Aaron to the Shakespeare Tavern (http://www.shakespearetavern.com/), for a live performance. There's nothing quite like being in the audience for a live production. Unfortunately, I think they're done with the comedies for the year, but they will be doing Macbeth in October, and King John in November.
And one great thing about the Shakespeare Tavern, they don't do modern interpretations, they try to remain true to the original intent of the Bard.

20Birds said...

if i could figure out you tube i would put the prediction thing up on my blog... my kids sat around the computer for an hour last night trying to outsmart him...
thanks for the recomendation on yenny's blog.. your is a daily highlight for me

Carol said...

Hiya Victoria, haven't visited for a week and have missed reading up. Beautiful layouts as always, just saw the Doctor Who notebook there! My goodness, I've only just started watching Doctor Who and am loving it. So I can be a geek too!

Did you know it was Blog Day yesterday. I listed your blog as a place I like to visit.
http://pins--needles.blogspot.com/2007/09/thank-you.html

klonghall said...

I was going to suggest the Shakespeare Tavern, too, but someone beat me to it! It is an amazing theatre venue--unlike anything else in Atlanta. I highly recommend it. You are so close to the actors and feel part of the show. Bridger went last fall with Donnie & my parents to see something there. He only understood parts of the story, but LOVED the experience.

I've heard their take on A Christmas Carol is wonderfully funny, too.

Have you guys done "Much Ado About Nothing", yet? I love the Hollywood version with Michael Keaton, Emma Thompson, etc. I think it is very well-done and highly entertaining.