Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Slippery When Wet

My sweet little daughter, Eve, took pity on me as I lay reading my book yesterday evening. She sat on my back and stared at my feet and said, "Mommy there are cracks. Let me get you some lotion." She jumped down and grabbed the Aveeno. In seconds she was back slathering cream on my dry feet and then up my calves. I kept telling her to go easy on the amount of cream, but she was certain she knew just the right amount. She proudly announced her job was complete and needed to go wash her hands. She walked back in with her hands all lathered up and asked if I could help her rinse them. I tried to get up, but left gooey cream marks on the hardwood floor. I told her I was trapped on the bed and could she get daddy to come grab me some socks. She smiled and said she could get them for me. After a lot of pointing she was able to get me the socks I needed to secure a rescue from my little bed island. And you know my feet feel spectacular this morning! Thank you, Eveybug!


::::::::::::::::::::::Skate Night::::::::::::::::

Aaron's friend, Nick, invited him to skate night at the local roller rink. He came home pretty happy eventhough his wrist was aching. He informed me that he loved the in-line skates and just couldn't figure out how people could get around on those skates with 4 wheels. A new boy named Ken from our Church was there and helped Aaron learn how to skate on the in-line kind. The boy who likes to bully Aaron was there too. Luckily, Nick's mom was there and she is always level-headed and nothing got out of hand. When Aaron told Michael the boy was spewing insults, as usual, Michael just told him that the boy must be very unhappy and to feel sorry for him.

:::::::::::::::::::::::Book Review Imminent::::::

I'm close to finishing The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Become Evil by Philip Zimbardo. I have a habit of ripping a single piece of paper into bits and placing them as a bookmark. In this book it looks like the pages have sprouted some crazy torn paper disease. I find gems on almost every page and since the book is library material a highlighter is right out. Human nature is very interesting and can be modified in alarming ways, but one of the best safe guards is taking personal responsibilites for the choices you make. That is my gem for the day from this book. More to come soon!


God Made Dirt, and Dirt Don't Hurt


My twin nieces are happy as pigs in mud when they can find a pile of dirt!

Font: DJB Connorbuck by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick
Background paper from Ultimate Backgrounds Vol. 1 by Nancy Comelab
Ribbon, pail and shovel doodle from Summer Collab kit at The Lily Pad
Stitched Frame and Sparkle Block Letters by Emily Merritt
Crayon Doodles by Ida
Journaling Tape and Rubberbands by Kate Hadfield
Date Stamp from Simply Irresistable kit by Gina Cabrera
Doodle flowers from Chalk Full of Fun by Lisa Whitney
Vintage Frame by Jessica Bolton
Gralpha by Birgit
Staple from Backward Staples by Jenn Patrick


Let Freedom Ring


My children at The Liberty Bell in Philadelphia as part of our vacation.


July blog freebie by Sausan
Altered Artistry frame by Sausan
Messy Staples by Kate Hadfield
Flower from Boho Chic Elements by Michelle Coleman
Handstamped Alpha by Michelle Coleman
Nakedstamps by Meredith Fenwick
Forever Stamp modified from the internet
Label It alpha by The Powers Sisters
Fonts: Randy Described Eternity
Calenar 1 by Misty Mareda
DJB Michael by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick


:::::::::::::::::::::Mathematics and Prediction

I saw this on my husband's blog and it was so cool that I'm passing it along. You will find this amazing...really you will!




Smiles, y'all!

4 comments:

Azrood said...

What a sweet treat from your little girl! She's taking good care of her mommy. :) The book sounds intriguing - I'll have to check it out. I'm curious to know the answer to that one.

Anonymous said...

Aw! That is so sweet! Katiana (my 3 year old) does that for me sometimes. Way too much lotion, but it feels so good!

And I'm glad he had a good time at skate night! I miss those 4 wheel things. I haven't been skating in so long!

Gorgeous layouts!!!!

And wierd wierd wierd on the video! LOL

Unknown said...

How wonderful of your little one to do that for you! Glad your son had a good time skating...and here is what I say...how do people skate on only 2 wheels!? lol. I have done it, but not very well, lol. Ya know...the arms doing the pinwheel thing as I try to keep my balance and not fly forward when I hit a rock or something...

Donna B. Miller said...

There's nothing like a good pedicure, is there? I had to chuckle over the mud pix. My great aunt used to say that a child wasn't healthy until he had eaten a cup of dirt. Victoria, this was my first trip to your blog, but I'll be back. What a wonderful job you've done.