Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Horsin' Around

A day late on Blog Day, but here are my 5 recommendations:
Concealed Stars Beth is a writer and an amazing lady. Well worth the stop over to her blog.

Pins and Needles Carol is one of the funniest people I've ever met. Her wit and humor come through in spades. I love her "Things That Never Really Happened" layouts. She is a super knitter to boot.

Free Philosophical Discussions I'm completely biased on this one since it is my husband's blog. I love to read his book reviews and his thoughtful musings are deep and never contrived. There is often fun geeky stuff there, too!

Paper_Moons Anna Benjamin is a super talented and creative lady with a heart as big as the moon. She is the queen of pink and of list making, too.

The Argentinian Digiscrapper Her heritage pages are amazing and I love her quirky style. She is in inspiration.

:::::::::::::::Medieval Times update::::::::

First off, we had a blast! The horses were absolutely astounding with all of the intricate foot work and even dance type numbers. The horses even were called on as mounts during a sword fight. I kept being concerned about them getting an eye poked out. The falcon was released for a free flight around the small arena and then captured a lure. Falcons have such a regal appearance. We ended up as part of the green knights supporters. My SIL recommended the black and white section, but the attendants at the front were so busy we didn't push the issue. Noah's favorite color is green so we just went with the flow. The black and white section is a great one becuase you are positioned mid field to see everything. The green section is on the section by the King's box. The nice thing was that it appeared that all sections gave you a good view. The green knight is the bad boy of the champions, which my kids thought was super cool. My mom purchased the kids each a one dollar pennant to wave for our guy. The kids, Michael and I whooped and hollared ridiculously for our side. There were a couple of times that the crowd is supposed to make the decision for life or death of a knight after a battle. My bloodthirsty heathen children, Aaron and Noah were like a page out of Philip Zimbardo's book. Noah being the biggest heathen of all with wild eyes and crazy hand gestures...what a nutter. The menu included vegetable soup, garlic bread, half of a chicken, spare ribs, herb-roasted potato and apple pie. The food was tasty, but what ever wasn't finished was placed in the handy-dandy Tupperware containers my mom brought. Our "wench", Kyle, said that someone bringing there own Tupperware was a first for her. After the performance we made the kids photos with the green knight and they got his autograph on their crowns. Recommendation: Definitely worth the price of admission. The horses, the falcon, the fight coregraphy and the food are well worth the price.





Cool story: Stone, the kitten

Off to play with my family! Smiles!

6 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

You should have said that Carol is one of the funniest people that you had NEVER met. HAHAHA

Helena said...

That sounds like such a fun outing! We missed the renaissance fair this year. I was bummed.

Emma said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the fair.

Anonymous said...

OMG Victoria!!!! Thanks for mentioning me and for your sweet words!!!! I'm so happy!!! totally jumping here!!! Carol left a comment on my blog telling me about blog day and that you recommended my blog!!! wow!!! I'm so honored!!! as I also told Carol, you made my day, week, month, year!!! LOL

I'ms o glad you liked my heritage pages (they are mny favorite type of layouts). ;)Any CCs are always welcome and appreciated ;)

I've been MIA lately because I have two toddlers and my hubby was on a trip with a group of friends, and I was babysitter-less LOL, but when I have tiem and join the blog train thread I love having a look at yoru blog,a and I'm adding it to my places to visit ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! your comment makes me want to scrap more!!!!

I'm sending you huge hugs & kisses!!!

Mariquita

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!!!! I can almost see it happening with how descriptive you are! I wanna go!

That green knight is kinda cute. LOL Couldn't help but notice! I'm so glad you all had a good time!!!!

Carol said...

te he, yes Victoria, isn't it funny, you feel like you have "met" people and yet not. Thanks for recommending the Argentian Digiscrapper, what wonderful heritage pages.

Thanks for letting me have a peek into your life by way of this blog. I enjoy it immensely.