Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Birthday, Eveybug!


First Day Jitters by Kate Hadfield and Ashley Olsen Party Favors, Birthday Candle and Moodles by Mo Jackson Boy Birthday Doodles by Kate Hadfield Font: DJB Doodle E Doo, DJB Connorbuck, DJB GINAE by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick

Today my mom, Michael and I are going to drop by Eve's class to drop off dougnut holes and apple juice to celebrate her birthday. We kept joking with Evey that we wanted to get our last minute 4 year-old hugs and kisses. She obliged with tight squeezes and Eskimo and cheek kisses! Yesterday afternoon I asked Eve what she wanted for breakfast and she responded cheerfully, "Chicken soup with carrots. Dad will make it!" I thought that quite an interesting food choice for breakfast. We didn't have any chicken on hand so Michael made her a beef stew with lots of carrots for dinner. She seemed to think that was cool enough. ::::::::::::::::::::Happy Birthday, also::::::::: to Carol! She inspires me all of the time and her wit is extraordinary! I hope you have a fantastic birthday, you deserve it!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::New Family Reading Book::::::::: We are in the middle of Gulliver's Travels, but the giants have done some rather risque things with Gulliver so we are putting that book on a back burner. We have moved on to Tuck Everlasting. The writing style and imagery is apparent and amazing from the first few paragraphs. The kids seemed to enjoy the first two chapters we read last night.

::::::::::::::::::::::Double Header::::::: Noah, very excitedly, asked if he could be the first one to read to us. I said sure and he picked There's a Wocket in My Pocket, then he read Mercer Meyer's What a Bad Dream. He did a great job and Rachel was there as a little mother hen correcting any mistakes.


::::::::::::::::::::::TF Apprentice::::::: The Tooth Fairy Apprentice worked ALL DAY on wiggling her loose tooth out of the socket and, VOILA, by 11:00pm was successful! Rachel was finally able to go to sleep and so were we.

::::::::::::::::::::::Blog On::::::::::::: My SIL, Melissa, has started her own blog and it is hilarious! Check out the Hardin Hive if you get the chance. Her kids all have distinct personalities and it is funny to read about her day.

::::::::::::::::::Interesting Product of the Day:::
Charlie's Soap
I read about this on My Scrapbook Art and this will be the next laundry detergent I will try. It is safe for septic systems and it seems to remove everything under the sun and doesn't cause allergies, so it seems like a great purchase. We will see.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hey Birthday Twin Eve!!! Hope you have the bestest day ever, just as good as mine has been (except for the rum in the coffee, not real wise for a 5 year old, LOL).

Hey Victoria, give my birthday twin big hugs from all the way downunder for me will you!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Evey Bug!

Thanks for the plug for my blog.

You'll have to tell me about your laundry detergent. I just bought the ingredients to make my own so I'll give it a try. But the all (3) ingredients were much cheaper than a box of tide.