Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Annelid Relocation Program Has Begun!

The Worm: "'Allo"
Sarah: "Did you say...hello?
The Worm: "No, I said Allo, but that's close enough."
Sarah: "Oh,...you are a worm, aren't you?"
The Worm: "Yeah, that's right."
Sarah: "You don't by any chance know the way through this labyrinth, do you?"
The Worm: "Who me, no I'm just a worm. Say, come inside, and meet the missus

Splash, Splash, Squish...OOPS! That is what it is like walking outside today. There are warms everywhere. It has rained everyday. I did get to mow the lawn during a few hours respite the other day. I also filled the top of the driveway with clippings for Michael to burn when they dry out. If anyone has a burn barrel they want to get rid of let me know.





:::::::::::::Art Show at the Elementary School::::








::::::::::::::::Jr. Beta Club Service Project::::::::

I got to help Rachel with her Jr. Beta Service Project to add plantings to the school. The kids also washed windows and racked leaves. Since Eve and Noah would go home to an empty house I asked if they could stay and help. Eve did some of everything and Noah quit after washing windows. He heard that we kept getting ants on our shoes, so he played in the car. There were black ants and fire ants. Rachel and I each got a black ant crawling on our ear. I had one on the rim of my glasses too. We all got bathed when we got home.

Parents donated flowers and soil for the club to use for the beautification project. I picked up yellow snapdragons.

Here is Eve helping Catherine. Catherine was our best digger:
Rachel is in the orange cap with her friend, Lydia, and awesome teacher, Ms. Murphy, behind her.
Lydia planting some of the yellow snapdragons I brought for planting:

::::::::::::::::::::Library:::::::

I am off to the school for my library volunteer time. I also need to leave early to pick up the book donations for each of the kid's teachers. For Ms. Murphy I'm having Rachel donate Island of the Blue Dolphins, which was one of my favorite books at Rachel's age. For Ms. Scott's class I'm having Noah donate the new book Marley. It is about a dog and has some cute photo pages. For Ms. Findley I'm having Eve donate The Hungry Caterpillar.

::::::::::::Peace Out!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Ants in your ear - oooohhhhh. I'm with Noah - I would wait in the car safe from the critters.

Love the art work and the photos. I hope the flowers will be OK. MOther always said not to plant until after Easter.

Michael Taylor said...

I had fun at the art show.

JP2E said...

I am ALWAYS impressed by the talent and service that the grandkids get involved in. The artwork is GREAT, and the service is commendable. Keep up the good work with the kids...

Carol said...

Fabulous art projects kids. ABsolutely wonderful. You can be very proud.