Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Burnin' Daylight




Hey folks! My dad always says that to tell people that times going by and you need to get to work. Well, I need to go for a walk and do housework, but I wanted to post some of the layouts I have been working on.









I still have to work on more zoo pages and the Easter pictures. We had a great time at my dad and Alice's house with my sisters, Katherine and Tracy. The kids loved the confetti, or cascarones, eggs the best. We think we might just hide the confetti eggs next year and have the candy in the house for them to get afterwards.

Eve got a tick on her neck at an Easter egg hunt the day before. The hunt took place in and near some woods. She asked me what the bump on her neck was and I said, "OHHHH MICHAEL, Eve's got a tick!" She was really brave while Michael grabbed a knife and slide the blade under the mouth part and put his thumb on the tick's head. He pulled and the tick let go after a brief tug. He hopped down and tried to wonder off, but I had Michael kill him. This upset Eve. She thinks that even ticks deserve to live. I, on the other hand, did not feel so inclined. They can play in the woods, but not on my family. From some of the tick pics I could find on line I think it was a male, but I'm not sure of the species. You may find Eve with a shirt, or poster that says, "Be Kind To Ticks Week", but I won't be at the rally.

We dropped by my mom and Jim's on the way home from the Easter festivities at dad's. The kids were refortified with bags of sugary treats. Grannies are the best!

:::::::::::::TESTING, TESTING...1, 2, 3...

Taylor kids 1, 2 and 3 are testing this week. They are taking the Criterion Reference Test. The reading portion was yesterday and I didn't hear any moaning and groaning, so I guess they felt okay about the questions.

:::::::::::::Time to Walk...
Daylights a wastin! Smiles!

2 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

I'm with you. I have no problem with ticks right up until the second they decide my family and I are lunch.

Sue said...

The Zoo photos are terrific. I love them.
Eve may be the only one at the Tick Rally.
I note that you didn't mention how much YOU like the chocolate covered marshmallows. I am sure the children shared with you. I think the Bunny face lollypops were a hit with the children.

I hope the tests aren't too stressful to the munchkins.