Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Trust Me!


Text: We stayed at the Best Western Cavern Inn during our stop at Carlsbad Caverns. We were only a few yards from the road to the Caverns. To cool off before we left we swam in their pool and Michael worked with Eve to get her to trust him and learn to kick and float. She preferred to hug his neck.

Layout Credits: Sketch template by Jen Caputo, Alpha by Shabby Princess, date stamp by DebF, papers from Jen Wilson's Worn Comfort Collection
Fonts Used: Pea Alisha


Our stay at the Best Western Inn in Carlsbad Caverns was surprisingly pleasant for what I thought would be a hole in the wall place at the entrance to the National Park. The place was clean, efficient and the vouchers they gave for breakfast provided us with quite a big, delicious meal. So, if you are heading out to National Parks Carlsbad is a must see. I do offer you a word of warning...DO NOT GO 1 mile over the posted speed limit. I was pulled over after having driven about a mile into the park. The very gruff officer demanded to know why I was speeding. I told him honestly, "This place is so cool, it looks like Dr. Suess decorated it! I wasn't paying attention to my speed I was looking at all the cool stuff!" He kinda glared at me and went to run my tag and license information. Apparently he got a call up at the main facility because he gave me all of my stuff back and told me to watch my speed, and that the didn't have time to give me warning.

Later in the evening when we went to see the bat flight he was there telling everyone that if they took any flash photography he would remove them from the park. It is at this point that we christened him with the nickname: "THE ENFORCER". So, don't say I didn't warn you!

2 comments:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

The Enforcer, LOL!

I LOVE this layout!! Please do my scrapbook. LOL just kidding. But I'll scraplift it, iffin' ya don't mind. :)

janna said...

Ny Dh got a speeding ticket yesterday. Cute LO too