Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tagged:

This is a blog first for me, but my friend, Janna, tagged me and these were the guidelines:

In a new blog post, list and write about 5 to 10 methods you use to create original posts. At the start of your post, tell your audience (briefly or at length) what you are doing with the “Be Original” Project and link to the project. Link/track back to the blogger who tagged you for “Be Original” Share your “Be Original” methods with your own audience Pick as many bloggers as you want and “tag” them to take part in the fun…After all, that is how a meme works (a unit of cultural information transferable from one mind to another). Sit back and learn from the discussion.”


1. I blog about the books I read to my children for “Family Reading Time”. This is a book I usually review at the end, unless I am overwhelmed with excitement and post mid-book.
2. I also blog about any personal books that I am reading.
3. I like to include layouts of events my family and I have done together, and to mix things I up I usually don’t do anything chronologically.
4. I also like to create layouts that show my quirky sense of humor and often involve extended family members.
5. I include funny things my kids’ say. For the most part, I post what my son, Noah, says because they tend to be the most off the wall.
6. I throw in some homeschool supplemental curriculum ideas.

You're supposed to tag someone, so if Anna would like to do this it would be cool. Her blog is always original.



::::::::::::::::::::::California Condor::::::::::


Our kids were fascinated by the California Condor at the Grand Canyon. They also participated in The Junior Ranger Program, which was a lot of fun.

Journal paper by Catrine,
Staples by Michelle Coleman and KSharonK,
Doodle frame by Kate Hadfield,
Negative Frame by Gina Miller,
Leather ribbon from Giddy Up by Mary Fran,
Bird overlay from Scrap Girls,
Background paper from Springbreak by Dani Mogstad, Date Stamp and tab by Amber Clegg,
Fonts: DB Michael by Darcy at blueflombingo/ Distress.


::::::::::::::::::: Another Layout from the Tennessee Aquarium:::::::


Background watercolor paper by Susan Long, Scalloped edge by Gina Cabrera from Simply Irresistable kit, Date Stamp by Mindy Wade, title and patterned paper from Dear Diary by Erica Hite, Cluster frame by Nancy Comelab, Font: DB Michael by Darcy at blueflombingo

Smiles!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Cute layouts. Very creative!