Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Pure Silliness and A Laugh

I hope your Christmas festivities are going well! Here is just some things that make me laugh.



Santa Doodles by Kate Hadfield
Glitter Glue by Flergs


:::::::::::Emo Philips:::::::::

A sketch that makes me laugh:



::::::::::::Spiral Frog Downloads::::::

The site has several cool items from Orson Welles. I was able to get The Christmas Carol with Lionel Barrymore as Scrooge in the old radio production. It is wowee wow wow cool!

I also got the song "Family Affair" by Mary J. Blige. I love the line when she says "Let's get it percolating...". I used to watch my stepmother's old coffee pot percolate and I think the imagery is so perfect.

Several songs by 3 Doors Down: "Kryptonite", "Be Like That", "When I'm Gone", and "Here Without You".

A Scottish band from the 80's that I really liked called, strangely enough, Texas. I downloaded "In My Heart" and "Mothers Heaven".


:::::::::::::::Marshmallow Guns:::::::

Michael, Aaron and I went to Home Depot the other day and got 1/2 inch pvc, with non-threaded T fittings and caps to make miniature marshmallow shooting guns. Michael tested the full length of pipe out by shooting booth Aaron and me with marshmallows he had brought for testing purposes. Those things hum and have quite an impact. Today was spent with Michael putting these little babies together. Each is coated with colored duct tape to show ownership. Mine has a combination of green and blue. Christmas day should be interesting, indeed. We are all going to end up with small little stick welts.


:::::::::::::::Free Rice Update:::::

I'm up to 25,200 grains of rice. I'm having a blast playing along and learning new words. It gives me something to do in between tying Aaron's fleece blanket. :)

:::::::::::::::Tomorrow Calls For...

the baking of more baklava.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Smiles!

No comments: