Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, March 27, 2008

How Many Doctors Does It Take?

This was the very seriously asked question by Eve on Tuesday. I know its Thursday, but atleast I got around to posting:). Eve asked if I would teach her to jump rope. I went over the mechanics of the one foot jump, then rock to the back foot style and the two footed jump. The song I used was the classic:
"Cinderella dressed in yellow
went upstairs to kiss a fella.
Made a mistake and kissed a snake.
How many doctors does it take?"

She enjoyed trying, but we are working on keeping the rope going over again after she has jumped over.







Jumping rope is one of my all time favorite activities. I, also, enjoyed playing Chinese jump rope in elementary school. I'm pretty sure I would cause severe bodily injury if I tried it these days.





:::::::::::::::::::::WHAT!? What's That You Say?
Easter is over! I didn't hear. Some dude bit my ears off!
















:::::::::::::::::::::Layouts With Designs by Dawn Inskip:::





My daughter, Eve, asked her dad to sidewalk chalk with her and he drew her a rainbow fish. She then started her own embellishments.





Dawn Inskip:
Embossed Alpha
Type Cast Alpha
Land of Make Believe
Midnight Diamonds
NDISB
http://www.ndisb.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=58&zenid=6f749e8e3eef36755bd930bff3df535c
TTS
http://digistore.treasurestoscrap.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=20
SSS
http://shop.scrapscandistyle.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=43
Frames by Vanilla Hush
Darcy Baldwin: DJB LENA at The Digichick
http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/product.php?productid=17789&cat=273&page=2


::::::::::::::::::::::::Pinewood Derby Time:::::::

Noah designed a melting popsicle car. A Creamsicle to be more accurate:





I'll post more of the car tomorrow. It has had it's, initial, orange, shiny paint job, but Michael has to drill a spot for Noah to put in the popsicle stick. It is looking super groovy.


:::::::::::::::::Here is Jasper, The Ferret:::::
in his favorite, orange backpack:


Later, Gators! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun, jumping rope! I look forward to teaching my daughter someday.

And wowsers, your layouts! They are so detailed and beautiful!

The Bennett Bunch said...

Wow, I haven't jump roped in years!!! I really need to teach my DD how to do it, but I would probably hurt myself!! Love the blog header!!

Unknown said...

My 2 daughters love skipping (as we call it) too.

Barb said...

I loved jumping rope too! Cute layouts!

Robin L said...

What great los and wonderful pictures! I really enjoyed looking.

Carol said...

Hey we used to sing the Cinderella dressed in yella song too. We'd use it for, what do you call it, when two girls do that hand clap thingy. Gosh, I have no idea what that is called, but you know what I mean, don't you?

Although our Cinderella song didn't end like that, I can't remember it exactly but there was something about bloomers being dropped, ROFL.