Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, March 07, 2008

What Does Noah and a Tillandsia Have in Common?

First you might ask what is a Tillandsia? It is a member of the Bromeliad family and gathers its moisture and nutrients from the air. Since Noah is so picky my guess is that he is actually a bromeliad that looks like a kid. Tricky little fellow! He refused to eat any breakfast because I was out of the thick slice bread, he has approved, for French toast. He did greedily gulp down 2 tablespoons of amoxicillian (creamsicle flavored...Rachel told me). My supposition of his true nature will one day be proven by a call from Ripley's Believe It Or Not, or a Call from The Discovery Channel.

::::::::::::::Iron Butterfly::::::::::

Many of you have heard of Iron Butterfly well, Noah made one:





Technically, it would be a magnetic butterfly.

It was really funny watching him fly his butterfly around the room. So simple and, yet, clever!

:::::::::::::::::::::::Some Layouts for Dawn Inskip's C.T.:::


This is my son sailing on a nasty piece of styrofoam found floating in the lake. He had a slight contact rash shortly afterward...go figure!


Credits: Dawn Inskip: Oh Boy kit at
NDISB http://www.ndisb.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=58&zenid=8433f041edf1f83bc895ef3f24ea2ebc
TTS http://digistore.treasurestoscrap.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=20
SSS http://shop.scrapscandistyle.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=43


Darcy Baldwin: DJB JAMIE, DJB LIZ, DJB CINDA at The Digichick http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=21


Jan Crowley: Comic Book Junkie




These are some tasty treats from my son's Pinewood Derby a few years ago. I just came across the photos. My daughter was a great helper putting things together.


Credits: Dawn Inskip: "Oh Boy" Kit NDISB, TTS, SSS
Luisa Leandro: at Sophia Sarducci.com
Darcy Baldwin: DJB DAWN at The Digichick
Kate Hadfield: Doodle Alpha
Miscellanous Font: CK Cursive


:::::::::::::::::::Recommendation Friday:::::::

Butter
(image from internet)

Alton Brown, from the Food Network, did a hilarious show making a case for the use of butter.
I have gone to only purchasing butter in the last 3 years. I prefer the tast and texture, and it doesn't make my lips breakout like margarine. Paula Deen might give me a big old hug for agreeing with her. I don't need a hug Paula...just pass a biscuit and a butter knife! ;)

::::::::::::Tomorrow IS.....

buy a new laptop for Michael day! His 'puter has a short and the batter won't keep a charge. I must also mention that Noah flung an unopened package with a toothbrush at Michael, so he would open it for him. The stiff packaging snapped off the key for the letter "a". Noah was in time out for 5 minutes for the throwing incident, then Michael went to type something and realized the damage to the laptop. Noah was in for another round of time out. I'm going to have to get that boy a bell like they use for a prize fight.

Y'all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Noah wants what he wants. My granddaughter is the same way.
I really like those layouts. They're all beautiful!

Web Designz by Kristi said...

Oh, I love those chocolate cars! Great layouts and lovely blog!

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Cute layouts! Sounds like you have a little pistol on your hands there :)

DawnMarch said...

I have a bromeliad too! He lives on air, and the very occasional chicken finger! It's amazing how they survive, isn't it!?

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Doritos the food for watching cartoons! Sprite Zero!

I am queen of the junk food grannies.

gabs-art said...

I love your layouts! TFS