Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another Noah Page:


This is Noah getting a bear hug from his cousin, Christopher.
Credits: freebie from Vinnie Pearce, date stamp by Amber Clegg, font: PTRemington

::::::::::::::Interesting Walk::::::

On mile 4 I saw a GINORMOUS bullfrog on the path. I tried to get close, but the dude was super fast. He made it through the fence and to the pond lickety split.

Mile 5.5 I saw a really cool Eastern Box Turtle on the path were there are runners and bicycles in the woods. I picked the handsome little turtle up and placed him off the path in the direction he was headed. Turtles are just too cool!

:::::::::::::::::Curriculum Night::::::::::

Michael and I just finished curriculum night for Aaron. We enjoyed hearing from the teachers who seem really good. Michael got the exciting job of calling Aaron after each classroom visit to ask about the assignments that he had been given. It was interesting that Aaron's response of, "No homework", had an entirely different meaning. Now we know, a little better, what to ask and look for from school

:::::::::::::::::Solution::::::::
Marcus is going to let me borrow his camera so I can take the school photo. Thanks, Marcus! He is also an enabler, by the way. I have been googling information on a new Nikon product thanks to his information. It is the first SLR with video capability. The Nikon D90 sounds pretty nifty. Let the begging and rationalizing BEGIN! ALMS for the poor!!!! :)

Take care...my Ibuprophen is kicking in, so I think I can go to sleep now.

3 comments:

marcus said...

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Oh, do you know anyone who would be interested in buying a used Nikon D70? I'm probably going to be feeding my own addictions and upgrading to one of the two cameras we discussed.

Michael Taylor said...

The d90 looks pretty cool. Looks like I'll have to hold out on buying that Taylor T5 12-string for a little while.
;)

Carol said...

Oh yes, let the begging begin, the Nikon D90 sounds like a dream. Love the page you did of Noah, I downloaded this freebie too but yet to use it. You inspire me. Great great picture.