Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Settling Into a Routine



Credits: template by Pattie Knox, papers from Primavera kit at Catscrap, Font: DJB MANDY by Darcy Baldwin at The Sweet Shoppe, and arial

Things are getting to be a little easier with getting the kids up for school. Eve has lost her angst about going to school. Everyone gets dressed, comes down for breakfast, then brushes their teeth when they are finished eating. All work is to be finished and signed the night before to make the morning go smoothly. I'm sure that there will be kinks, but the majority should go okay.


I will be helping out in the school library bi-monthly, which should be fun. Helping kids find books to read just sounds cool to me!

I am, also, the yearbook advisor. I sent out my first email to the volunteers to find out what each one was willing to do. I am meeting with the art teacher this morning, as well, to pick his incredibly creative brain.

We went to curriculum night for grades 3-5 to see what the teachers planned for the year. Michael went to Noah's class and I went to Rachel's. I was impressed with the teachers and believe they are top notch.

:::::::::::::Maintaining:::::::

I walked 6 miles to compensate for doing nothing on Sunday. The weather was really cool. There were a bunch of walkers in the morning. I went right after Aaron's bus left. I had a nice stroll to the top of the subdivision with Sherrill, Nick's mom (friend of Aaron's). She was taking their new puppy, Chrissybear, for a walk. Sherrill is so fun to talk with and it was nice company.
There were a few park regulars, but there were a couple I haven't seen in a week, so I guess their schedules have changed. I smile at everyone who will make eye contact with me and the funniest thing was this young jogger would smile back. The 4th time he passed me he put his hand out, so I gave him a high-five. On the 5.5 mile point of my walk I saw him running through the woods and he said, "See ya later!" He made me laugh because he was in such a good mood. It seems like too many walkers and joggers put on such a serious demeanor like they are at work, or just plain miserable. It was nice to see somebody enjoying themselves and being equally as friendly.

:::::::::::::Dentist:::::::
It is cleaning day for me, so after my meeting with the art teacher I'm off to the dentist.


Peace out!

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a great page, you've made that template work so well, I was going to use it but couldn't put my mind around it.

I love the way you get involved in the kids' school and a subject dear to your heart - books! Brilliant.

As for the jogger, I LOL'ed over that, what a fun moment high fiving him. I used to walk to work many years ago and every day would pass a middle-aged gent waiting for a ride at a particular spot on the way. We went for eye glances, to good mornings, to a "where were you yesterday?" when I didn't go to work one day. te he. Love that we can be part of a stranger's routine.

Chocolate Cat said...

Glad you are settling into a good school morning routine, my house certainly needs one at the moment!!