Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, August 15, 2008

Point and Shoot...and Don't Forget The Flash!


::::::::::::::Fun Morning::::::::

I went to the elementary school this morning to take photographs for the yearbook. The school was visited by a former student that happens to be a major league baseball player. He brought along his wife and mother-in-law. His mother was already at the school because she is helping with the 5th grade gifted program. Everyone was enthusiastic and the grins and cheers were fun to hear. I didn't tell my kids he was coming because I didn't want them to be disappointed if he didn't come to their classrooms. He, in fact, did not go to Noah or Eve's class, but the last class he visited was Rachel's. I went in to give her a hug and a nice lady helping the students asked if I was Rachel's mom. When I told her yes, she praised Rachel for her writing ability and vocabulary. Her smile and enthusiasm was so genuine that I liked her instantly. (It is also nice to hear your child spoken of in such glowing terms, too). Rachel had to break into our conversation and say,
"Mom, take some pictures!" What a fun morning!

::::::::Cool Word Art:::::::

Wordle.net

title="Wordle: family"> src="http://wordle.net/thumb/wrdl/124239/family"
style="padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd">


::::::::::::Funny Video:::::::::
I saw a link to this youtube video at myscrapbookart.com and the lady's voice is amazing and she is a riot.

This is one of the funniest songs in Spamalot:


::::::::::::::::::Cool Kaleidoscope Action:::
My brother-in-law sent me links to these sites. I am enamored with kaleidoscopes. They mesmerize me. Try these out:
Do this site first:
Kaleidoscope one
Then have fun with this one:
Kaleidoscope Two

::::::::::::::::Layout of Noah:::::::


Credits: Karen Lewis' Out of This World revisited at the digichick.com

:::::::::::::::Walking:::::::::

My tendinitis has decreased substantially since I put in the extra arch support under my regular insoles. YEAH! My favorite thing to see on my walk, today, were a couple of bluebirds. WOW, they are gorgeous! I listened to Astronomy Cast episodes about The Milky Way and two episodes on rockets.

:::::::::::::::Check Up::::::::

I, finally, went in for a check up at the doctor's office on Tuesday. The appointment was with the midwife who delivered both Noah and Eve. I made sure I had current pictures to show her. She was thrilled to see the photos and asked to keep them for her scrapbook. She said she gets baby pictures, but rarely any as the kids grow up. We talked about all the kids, adventures in homeschooling, personalites and life. She is such an awesome person and I was so blessed to have her deliver two of my kids. When she went out to grab me a pen to write the information on the back of the photos she came in and said the nurses were glaring at her for taking so long with me, but she just smiled really big. It was so nice to catch up with her and thank her for the important part she played in my life. If you live near me and ever need a midwife I know one of the best! :)

::::::::::::::Noahisms:::::::::

Michael posted this to his blog, so I will link you up:

The Protractor Story
What a nutty kid!

Take Care! :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oh so much to say, what a great post. I've watched both those videos just now and they are terrific. Love love love her voice. The Julie Andrews one was pat perfect. What a talent.

And I love kaleidoscopes too. There's a market in Melbourne and a lady makes the most magnificent old time kaleidoscopes out of slivers of gem stones. Truly amazing and mega mega expensive!!! (so I only window shop te he).

As for the midwife, how rewarding to see the pictures of babies she's helped with grown up.