Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, September 22, 2008

It's SweaterSweatshirt Weather!


The cool weather approaches and the sweatshirts in my wardrobe are about to be pulled out...much to my dear spouses chagrin!

Happy Birthday to Grampa Jim! I'm glad you liked the "Duct Tape" cake!


:::::::::::::::::::::::Birthdays were celebrated for::::

Aaron on Saturday, after he and Michael returned from their camping/fishing/water skiing trip with the scouts.
Rachel's birthday was Sunday and we went to Granny Sue and Grampa Jim's for cake and presents. Mom mom bought some yummy cookie cakes for the kids.

Since the weekend was so busy we are having a couple of their friends go with us to Stone Mountain and do the Sky Hike as their birthday party.


:::::::::::::::TOO Eventful:::::::

Friday was a bad day for Aaron. Several friends and family already know what happened. If you would like to know about the particulars email me and I will let you know. I appreciate the kind words of support for him!

:::::::::::::::Book Review:::::::::


This book was a dash of Roald Dahl, with a pinch of Lemony Snicket and sprinkled with classic childrens' literature. I loved reading this book, out loud, to my kids. We enjoy things that are twisted and fun. The four Willoughby children long to be orpans like in the "old-fashioned" books they read. Their parents long to be childless. They find a baby abandoned at their doorstep...and the adventure begins. You don't have to know all of the classic tales to enjoy the book. The author provides a bibliography that gives a brief synopsis of each story referenced. My favorite one in the bibliography is the one about Mary Poppins. I give this book 5 out of 5 Baby Ruth's!

:::::::::::Almost Done with Noah's Baptism Album:::::::




:::::::::::::Our Next Family Reading Book::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::Hulu.com:::::::::::::

I have watched two movies this week: "Sense and Sensibility" with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet, then I watched "Xanadu".

::::::::::::::::::::::::Photos::::::::::::::::::

I have a few I will try to upload tomorrow with photos of the kids on their birthdays and a couple of my cake art stuff.

Later gators! :)

5 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for making our anniversary and Jim's birthday such a spectacular weekend. Thanks for having four of the most perfect little children,also. And, thanks for loving Oyster stew as much as I do. It was a great way to usher in the Fall Season having my sweet daughter to share some hot oyster stew. ummmmmm good.
Love you sweetest daughter in the world.

JP2E said...

B U U U R R P P ! ! !

Carol said...

Oh I do hope that Aaron is okay. It's funny, you share lives and happenings when reading blogs and you almost feel like you're part of the family. ((hugs)) for whatever it was.

I did giggle at the "Time to Go" page. I do remember doing that when I was a youngster.

Michael Taylor said...

One of your favorite t-shirts is a hand-me-down from me. I have a picture of me wearing it in 1983. I have no general complaint about T-shirts or sweatshirts. Just let me help you update the collection.
;)

Chocolate Cat said...

Gosh you have been celebrating a lot of birthdays lately! Looking forward to seeing the photos from the latest ones.
Hugs and best wishes to Aaron, hoping he is okay.