Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What?! You Did Yardwork and Don't Have...

Poison Ivy?!! Why yes, thank you very much! Props to my dear spouse for mowing the lawn while I got the weed eater to the sprawling weeds and pulled some wild raspberry vines. Michael helped me edge the driveway, so I need to do the front and brave the Poison Ivy Lands this week...some time.

::::::::::::More Baptism Layouts::::::::::





::::::::::::::::Book Review::::::::::::

School Library Journal Review
This is a different style of story telling by Shannon Hale who teamed up with her husband for this twist on Rapunzel's tale. The character turns many unfortunate circumstances into positives in a land made harsh and world unfriendly due to Gothel's magic spells. Rachel liked the story and presentation, in comic book style, better than I did. The girl power aspect to the book is a touch appreciated by both of us.

:::::::::::::Barbeque ::::::::::::::

The parents of Noah's friend, Josh, invited us to a barbeque on Sunday evening. The Eve and Noah immediately joined in with Josh and his siblings playing around the house. Rachel stuck by us most of the evening. Aaron was a sullen teenager for several minutes, but Michael introduced him to a boy named Trey who was his age. They found out they could go play on the Nintendo Wii system and the sun came out in Aaron's grey cloud filled sullen world.
Josh's mom is also going to help me with editing the copy in the yearbook and taking some photos. Yeah for having some more help!


I had a lovely walk today. The weather was overcast and slightly breezy. I mixed up my trail selections, again. I have created a route that has me going up a steep incline 5 different times. I hear this is supposed to help with the stomach area. I suppose it won't happen instantly though...sigh! It was also turtle hang out on the banks of the pond with your neck stuck really far out day. I wanted to let you know if you weren't aware to buy a Hallmark card for someone.


::::::::::::::::::::The Blue Rooster:::::::

I just got back from a delicious Southern style meal at the local small town eatery called The Blue Rooster. I took a sister from church that I visit with each month. The meal consisted of pork roast, lima beans and squash with onions. Soooo tasty. We had a great time talking and then I went to meet her new long-haired dachsund named Harley. Her neighbor has Harley's brother, Henderson. My friend also has a very sweet, elderly pug named Maddie.

The laundry calls my name! Take care.

2 comments:

Sue said...

When laundry calls, what does it say? I have an excuse not to do laundry. There is a large, heavy box sitting on the washer and I cannot pick it up. Sad, isn't it. NOT

I love the Baptism photos. Noah's baptism was so much fun. He was the star of the event, to be sure.

Carol said...

The laundry calls my name all the time but I have selective hearing and I ignore it. ROFL.

Love that first layout, it looks like a magazine cover.