Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Fun Family Weekend:

Hello all! We have had a fun weekend with family. We gathered at the Stone Mountain Laser Show on Friday night and did not get home to around 10:30, then Saturday the newest adopted family members were sealed in the Atlanta Temple. Michael and I trucked the kids over for a haircut, then we drove to Stephen's house to swim in their new pool. It is a salinated pool, which I highly recommend. You feel so much better swimming in this kind of pool, as opposed, to a chlorinated pool. It is akin to swimming in your tears...you feel, almost, like Alice in Wonderland when she shrinks. I was going to check Noah, Aaron and Rachel for gills after they stayed outside for so long. I came in with Eve because her lips were blue and she said she was too cold. It has been in the mid to high 90s with the heat index making it feel hotter in Georgia, but today it started out overcast and cool and rained lightly throughout the day. I don't think it got much higher than 80 degrees Farenheit. My big problem is if I don't wear my glasses when I'm swimming I squint and get a headache, so I put my glasses on after a little bit. Then, my glasses get wet while I'm swimming and my eyes try to focus through the water blobs on my glasses and I start getting an eye strain induced headache. Argh!


We ate one of the sweetest watermelons as part of lunch, and from the samplings of watermelon from this season it is hard to find one that isn't sweet. We stayed for several hours and didn't get home until around 9:15pm. We all bathed our salty bodies and sat down for family reading time.


Dave Barry is still going strong with his writing. I believe we are on chapter 25 and the kids hate when I stop reading, but Noah had fallen asleep and I didn't want him to miss too much.


School starts tomorrow for everyone, but I'm woefully not ready, so after church I will be preparing for the morrow.

No comments: