Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Shel Silverstein:


This book was one that was a highlight of my day during 4th grade. My teacher, whose name I don't recall, would read a few of the poems, but I was always eager for more. My mother consented to buying Where the Sidewalk Ends and it has been one of my favorites ever since. I am considering doing several layouts that use some of my favorite Shel Silverstein poems from this book. Some of my favorites are: Bandaid, Sick, Spaghetti, Hug o' War, Sarah Sylvia Cynthia Stout and Warning. If you need a hearty belly laugh and want to put a smile on your kids face, I suggest reading these poems with them. Of course, you don't have to read them from about 2 to 3 a.m. while making bead socks for a baby shower at 10:30am and your darling daughter can't sleep...but if the occasion does arrive I say go with it!
::::



Dave Barry has done it again!!! Our family, especially Rachel (and I), are sucked into this book! We are only on chapter 9, much to Rachel's chagrin. Their is already great suspense and character development! The book is long so I'm hoping for great plot development. I'll keep you posted, but warn if their is any plot spoiling on my part, which is not cool!
::::

Another Scrap Artist layout:



I'm kind of concerned about the future of America if my two sons get involved with politics, but maybe there is hope for the future. (Most of the time I wish they would just get along...similar to the needs of the world...me thinks!)

Red Velvet paper from All American papers by Michelle Coleman
Swirly glitter from Birthday Elements by Michelle Coleman
All American Cowboy paper and white overlay, Quote from Ellie's World by Nancie Rowe Janitz
Blue Ric Rac From SA Splash Kit by Jomi
Butterfly from SA Team kit by L. Howell
Crossed staples by C. Wyckoff from SA Summer Whimsy Kit
Font: Jane Austen

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

Great LO! I love the paper and doodles! I wouldn't have thought of using them on a "boy" LO, but they're perfect!

Do you have the other Shel books? My favorite poem is Miss McTwitter the Baby-sitter. LOL

Okay, now I really gotta read Dave Barry's books. :)