Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ghana and the missed Yellow Bus:

Aaron and I watched a movie produced by BET on the Forts in Ghana. The title just seemed interesting so I checked it out from the library. It was so sad to watch the re-enactment of who the Ghanans were ultimately enslaved by the Europeans. Ghana was and is still known for its gold. The film showed the people with their fine gold jewelry and artwork. I don't like gold really, but I appreciate the artwork.
::::::::::::::::

Rachel missed the bus home from school today, so I drove over to pick her up. Luckily it isn't far at all. She was slightly worried that I would be mad, but it gave me a chance to say hi to a few people I rarely get to talk to...so when life gives you lemons...make...

::::::::::::::::

Mid-book review for Peter and The Shadow Thieves:

Excellent book. The imagery and dialogue are wonderful! I received an email from Borders Book Store that Dave Barry has a book having to do with Neverland coming out very soon. I will check into that and let you know what I think.

No comments: