Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Feeling Loquacious


Text: Eve found this use of the hammock far superior to relaxing int its web!

Darcy Baldwin: DJB LORRAINE1/ DJB Doodl E Doo/ DJB A Bit of Flaire at The Digichick
Kay Miller: Organic Kit
Kate Hadfield: Heavy Duty Staple
Jenn Patrick: Backward Staples
Birgit: Gralpha
Jessica Bolton: Teeny Tiny Alpha (Using Organic kit paper)
Weeds and Wildflowers: Layered Alpha (graph paper)


:::::::::::::Water Heater::::::::::::

Michael and I spent Saturday installing a new 40 gallon water heater. We have a small house and the 15 to 20 year window to recoup the cost of a tankless system had us replace our old one with the same system albeit more efficient. I was the gopher girl for odds and ends needed to finish the task. After Michael dropped molton solder on his finger he related this fact: Your wound self-cauterizes...isn't that neat?! He accidently got some molton solder on my exposed toe (yes, he advised me to put on more than my Croc sandals for this activity...but NOOOOO! I hate shoes...so confining.). There was standing water from a previous test on the sweated pipe that failed and the molton solder hit the water and popped off like grease in a frying pan and landing on the third toe of my right foot. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as Michael's finger. There is a bit of a leak in the cold water side of the connection to the water heater. To fix it we would have to shut off the cold and hot water at the valves and drain the new tank, cut the pipe to the cold, tighten it down, make a new connection and sweat the pipe, again. Michael is so thrilled with this perspective that he is in a "Let's just watch it for a bit and see how bad the leak is." I translate that into, "My finger really hurts and I really don't want to do this again, but I know I'll have to fix it soon!" It's nice to have such a handy guy around! He showed my how to cut pipe with the cutting tool, how to turn off the main gas to the house, the main water cut off and explained along the way what the different pipes did and how the water heater works. We even took the opportunity to clean the part of the duct system Michael knocked off wall trying to solder the cold water pipe. Nasty dust...just NASTY!

:::::::::::::Blogger Silliness:::::::

Your Karaoke Theme Song is "Baby Got Back"

You're a total show off who is willing to risk looking like a fool to get a few laughs.
In fact, you'll go for the cheap laugh if you need to... because it's better than no reaction!

Your friends can count on you to get a party started, and you'll party hard until you can't remember their names.
You're charismatic, charming, and a total character. With or without a few drinks in you.

You might also sing: "I Touch Myself," "Oops I Did it Again," or "My Humps"

Stay away from people who sing: "Candle in the Wind"



You Are Banana Pocky

Your attitude: fun and lighthearted
Unique and unforgettable
You are cutie everyone falls for




Your Driving Is is: 48% Male, 52% Female

According to studies, you drive both like a guy and a girl.
This means you're a pretty average driver, with typical quirks.
Occasionally you're frustrated and or a little reckless, but that's the exception - not the norm.


::::::::::Really Cool:::::::

I saw this on Julie P.'s site and took the test twice. My first score was 42% bionic. The great thing about this test is that the five tests are the same, but the questions with in the test are different, so when you retest you aren't repeating what you've already seen. There is one test, now I think about, on reflexes that is the same, so 4 out of 5 are different.

See What You're Made Of - Visit The Official Site


::::::::::::::::Sunday Family Fun::::::::

For our joint Family Home Evening we went to Stephen and Shelene's house. The kids really look forward to playing with their cousins. The food for the evening was soups and stews. Michael made homemade chicken soup with noodles. Our kids kept asking for more of daddy's chicken soup. Eve even wants the left over soup for breakfast. What a compliment for Michael! There was also a savory and spicy chili by Marcus and Laura, Stephen made a delicious crab chowder, Melissa brought some yummy potato soup, Christopher made "George" a concoction of chicken and rice soup all his own...and quite tasty. Benjamin and Missy made stewed cabbage. Shelene supplied one of my favorites, cornbread...rub the tummy good stuff! There was also some very good sourdough bread. Noah at Ritz crackers...what a nut!
The lesson for the evening had us write positive traits about the others in the room. Stephen shared how his positive attitude often creates an atmosphere that allows and prompts people to be positive in return. He encouraged to look at the cards that had what people said about us and build on those and add to them.

::::::::::::::::::What You Hear While Making Soup:::::::

Michael called me downstairs while he was working on the chicken soup and said I've got to tell you what Noah said before I forget it. (Noah and Aaron were playing some game with their Legos at the time).

Noah: "Suppose I were to go back in time and bump into my kid self and my kid self would probably say, "Who are you?" and I would have to say, "Let's just say we're related."

Michael and I just laughed and Rachel was listening to this too and shaking her head.

5 comments:

Flergs said...

hahaha your blog is a good laugh! And I love the photo is your layout. Great angle!

Anonymous said...

Awesome layout, and a very good read! Have a great day!!

Leigh said...

Love your lo! Aren't kids creative! Ouch on your toe!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout! I love that angle too!

You guys have to be so much fun together! I mean, seriously, the last thing I would think to say is look, your skin self cauterizes. I LOVE it! I can just imagine ya'all working together! Too fun!

And that is such a neat idea about writing positive things about each other. We should do that more often!

LOL At his remark to his kid self! Smart kid you have there!

Have a great Monday!

janna said...

OUCH about the lead solder. I know that pain!!! I use to stuff circuit boards and solder the backs for my Dad to earn extra money.... Enjoy the new water heater!

Off to try some of the blog quizes.