Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Right Field...It's Important You Know...

:::::::::::::I'm Not The Only Thing Headed For A Break Down::::::::

I sent the kids off to the bus top, then a couple of minutes later Rachel rushed back up to the house to get her terrarium with a worm for school. I said, "Hey, luckily the bus is running late so you were able to run back and get that." Then, 2 minutes later I hear a rush of thundering kid feet and yelling voices. The kids from the bus stop are running to my house. The said the bus was broken down and they needed a ride. So, I loaded 3 of the neighbor kids and my 2 in the car and headed for school. I was third in line and we just had to wait 10 minutes until the school was open. That was a valuable 10 minutes. I used the time to sing with the radio and dance in my car seat to the utter and complete embarrassment of the children. That was a satisfying 10 minutes.

::::::::::::::Almost There:::::::

I took Rachel for her last braces adjustment before their removal next month. She is so happy to be getting so close to the end of her tooth confinement.

:::::::::::::Right Field:::::::::

This is a 2 page layout of my boys playing trap ball at Colonial Williamsburg. It is an English game that was part of the evolution of modern baseball.


Kate Hadfield: http://www.digiscrappingqueen.com/blog/ created the super amazing Dandelion Doodles as a request. Thank you, Kate!
Wordy Bits, Messy Staples, New Home doodles
Jen Wilson: Simple Expressions
Michelle Coleman: Color Me Solid (freebie on her blog)
Amber Clegg: Date Stamp


Font: DJB MISH/ DJB LIZ by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick





::::::::::::::::::Zneet Znatter Zneet:::::::

Rachel has been watching Season 2 of My Hero. The Christmas episode is hilarious...hold your sides, tear up and start laughing like a seal hilarious.


::::::::::::::::::: A "Relatively" Nice Evening:::::

Reuben, Ang, Gabriel and Afton came over for dinner last night. The kids had fun on the computer and making bead watches. Reuben helped roll up the egg rolls, which I can not figure out how he does it. His fingers are like thick sausage links, but he can make quite an attractively rolled egg roll. Michael made some tasty ginger beef soup, breaded chicken cutlets, and rice. The Hmong eggrolls were so delicious!
After dinner we just talked and then Eve wanted to watercolor, so Afton, Reuben, Noah and Rachel were given watercolors and the watercolor paper. They left about 11:00p.m. Noah and Eve were instantly asleep and the rest of us soon followed.

:::::::::::::::::::Always Behind::::::::::

Laundry, a couple of subjects for school with Aaron, homework with Noah and trying to remember where I left my mind. Time to go do a couple of science experiments in kitchen stadium.

No comments: