Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

8 Things About Noah




::::::::::::::Noahism of the Day:::::

Yesterday, Noah walked up behind me as I was typing at the computer and asked, "Mom, can I have 20 bucks, or at least a hug?!" Silly boy should know by now I never have any money, but hugs are a bumper crop!

::::::::::::::8 Things:::::::::::
I saw this on my friend, Kim's blog, about her son who just turned 8 and I think it is such a great idea that I will use it here. Here are 8 things about Noah, in celebration of his 8th Birthday:

1. Noah asks questions about almost everything:

2. Noah really loves to tease his big brother, Aaron. This is often a painful mistake.

3. Noah finds reading enjoyable, especially if the books are about annoying kids and underwear.

4. Noah has the ability to sleep better than anyone I have ever met. When he says he is sleepy. He just lays down and falls asleep. Snap...lights out...snore! He has fallen asleep on the ride down the escalator in the Metro in Washington, D.C. I knew he was tired so I kept taking photos and I have the progression all the way to the bottom where we had to hoist his sleeping form to keep him from being stepped on.

5. Noah's favorite stuffed animal, for several years, has been "Oinkey". Oinkey has traveled to many places and has been loved to scruffiness. Noah also loves chicken. He eats chicken, but not bacon. Somewhere in Noah's brain there is a definite distinction. I think it must be that chicken and ketchup work so well together.

6. Mr. Noah-It-All was a name given to him by my step dad, Jim. I think it is the perfect name for him. He loves to ask questions that he knows the answer to, or thinks he does, then when you answer he usually says he already knew it.

7. Noah loves all things science and loves to ponder deep questions of the universe.

8. Noah surprises us with what he chooses to ponder in the art world:



Noah is 8 and one of the sad realizations for me is that this will be the last year I will be able to carry him down the steps for breakfast. This is our routine: I pat him on the back, behind, or rub his foot to wake him up and I call softly, "Noahie Monster, time to get up." He groggily wakes up and I pick him up for a hug and then he runs to the bathroom. I wait for him to finish, then he either jumps on my back, or he jumps up and I carry him downstairs (hoping I don't take a tumble with my boy built like a truck).

Being Noah's mom has been filled with unexpected twists and turns. I have a little boy who loves to give "huggies", and will be only in his underwear 2 minutes before the bus comes because he doesn't have the pair of pants he wants. He made up an inane knock, knock joke, that only makes me laugh...and I do every time. He has an infuriating habit of saying, "I know" when I don't think he does. He loves math, science, reading and Ben 10 cartoons. He snores, sometimes and has been our only kid to go to the emergency room. I know for certain that the next 8 years will be nothing short of bizarre with a good huggie in the mix!

Happy Birthday, Noahie Monster! Love, Mom!

14 comments:

Azrood said...

Happy birthday Noah! Fabulous post celebrating all the things that make Noah so unique. Every one of your layouts is amazing! Thanks for all of the wonderful inspiration! :)

Creative Junkie said...

That was a wonderful post and what an incredibly sweet idea about the "8 things." I love it. Your layouts are beautiful - I love the art one - made me laugh!

Happy Birthday Noah!

Andrea

Barb said...

Wonderful post! Happy Birthday Noah!

I love all your creative, whimsical layouts! Awesome boy layouts for sure!

Neverland Scraps said...

Even though he'll be a bigger boy next year I hope you can still carry him down the steps and do your morning routine, or atleast alter it so Mom doesn't get too sad thinking about her little baby growing up into a big big boy!

Beautiful layouts! LOVE them all!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday to Noah! Love all the layouts! Maybe in a few years you can change your morning routine to where he carries you down the stairs.

Michael Taylor said...

Happy Birthday Noah. Remember, my present to you is that I made the last day of school fall on your birthday. ha ha ha

Monique said...

What an absolutely beautiful post! I love your list of things about your son, and a layout for each adds a great personal touch! Love it. Have a great day! :-D

OrianaVianey said...

OMG!! I'm totally in love with your LOs. I NEED to scraplif all of them!!! Thanks for sharing this great things about your boy

Evan Mullins circlecube.com said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Noah! I believe every word! =) Sometimes he even wants to sleep through primary... He sure does have a good eye for art.

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Noah!
I wish I could still carry him on my back. He is growing up and I surely do love him.

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Love all your layouts! I hope your DS has an awesome birthday. Us May babies are the best!

Char said...

Happy Birthday to Noah! FABULOUS post - I definitely will be "lifting" this idea for a future post myself. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

This is really fabulous all these LOs about your 8yrs old son Victoria! Love the idea and happy birthday to him!
Cheers

Carol said...

Noah, I hope you have had a happy happy happy day for your birthday. And Victoria these memories that you have preserved forever are the most special gift you will give Noah for the future, so he can look back on who he is and how he was shaped. Love this art as its such a giving thing to do.