Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, May 16, 2008

I'll Clean My Room for Sea Monkeys!

This declaration was rather compelling coming from my 10 year-old who thinks the phrase "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" is someone's idea of twisted humor. She thinks layering your clothes means to drop them on one another when she takes them off, but that might make one assume that she leaves them in one pile. She is much more random them that. I think Chaos Theory started in her bedroom (my mom reads this blog, so I'm going to go ahead and stick in here that she would say it started in my room). Rachel found a book titled, Science in a Bottle by Sandra Markle and on pg. 53 the chapter is "Raise Sea Monkeys". This chapter has lit an ember of excitement, so intense that she begs, frequently, for sea monkeys and cleaned her room. I'm just wondering if the room will stay clean. I'll give it a week to decide if she will be able to get these little guys.

::::::::::::::::Layouts with Eve:::::::::



This page is a scraplift of Christine's page I saw on the Catscrap blog.

Credits:
Birgit's Retro Paper and Leaves kit, Birgit's alpha for the April Collab at Catscrap
Catrine's alpha "Pauline"
Font: Another Typewriter,
Kate Hadfield's Doodle Frame
Jofia Devoe's Swirly Birds




My daughter, Eve, had her hair gelled back for her ballet recital, which made her eyes really stand out. I told her she had such lovely eyes, so she opened them big and wide for a silly photo.

Credits: Emily Powers "Art Nation" found on the Memory Makers website,

Darcy Baldwin: DJB Another Mandy at www.thedigichick.com

misc. font: CK Cursive

Take care! :)

7 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

omgosh, she does have beautiful eyes - that blue is so striking!

I had to laugh at the clean bedroom thing ... as I type, my daughters are fighting about cleaning their rooms. I finally laid down the law and told them no one was going anywhere until their rooms were clean. I'm just hoping we'll see daylight in the next couple of days or so.

Andrea

Heidi said...

LOVE the layouts..silly or not those are some "melt your heart" eyes. WOW!

Ah, they always have a bargain or a deal, don't they?? Mine are all addicted to the Wii..so clean rooms for Wii time works pretty well here. You hafta give her the credit for the effort! So cute!

Michelle said...

cute layouts.

AfriDigiDiva said...

That is the cutest layout!

JP2E said...

Tell Rachel that I bought her an ant farm. If she doesn't receive it by Monday it is beacuse you said no. (LOL)

Love,
Grampa' Jim

Chocolate Cat said...

I also have a daughter whose room is 'interesting'!! Not sure she even knows what color her carpet is anymore!! My mother has no sympathy, unfortuantly she remembers what my room was like growing up....... I would love to say she has distorted memories..... If the room stays tidy for a week I'd say she deserves the sea monkeys!

Beertje Zonn said...

Rhe layouts are lovely!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands