Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Life is Random...



:::::::::::::::New Layouts From the Botanical Garden:::::

My dd, Rachel, was in awe of the gorgeous flowers at the botanical gardens.

Brand new Blossoms by Dawn Inskip
NDISB: http://www.ndisb.com/store/index.php...e=products_new
ScrapScandiStyle: http://shop.scrapscandistyle.com/ind...oducts_id=1504
Treasures to Scrap: http://digistore.treasurestoscrap.co...oducts_id=1615
also by Dawn: Frame from New Beginnings kit, flowers and dragonfly from Evitangel Collab, Embossed Alpha set 2, word art from Life's Expressions
ScarletHeels Media: Doodle Teeny Alpha
Font: DJB Sissy by Darcy Baldwin @ www.thedigichick.com




Spring Collection by Natalie Braxton and Kate Hadfield from TLP, Background paper by Jacque Larsen

::::::::::::::Yesterday::::::::::

I listened to Astronomy Cast episodes about what it would take to create a colony on Mars. I didn't realize that Mars' pressure was only 1% of ours. You also get the recommended minimum of safe radiation exposure in 1 week. We would have to live underground, so the dirt could act as a radiation shield. If there were any solar flares you would be a crispy critter. I'm thinking if there is a manned Mars mission I won't be yelling, "Pick Me!".

Michael went for his apheresis appointment, then came home and took us out for Mexican food. The boys misbehaved, so Michael told them the next time we go out they can pay.

:::::::::::::Today::::::::

is voting day for some local leadership. Once the kids wake up and I get breakfast for them I'll go over and vote.

The tendonitis in my right foot makes me feel old. The tendon stretches out pretty quickly, but each time I initially stand up it hurts a lot.


:::::::::::::::::::Michael's Album:::::::::
This is the title page for my husband's album when he went to Japan for his mission.



Credits: Geisha Template by Kirsty Wiseman at http://limegreenbogiegirl.blogspot.com/2008/07/turning-japanese.html (I modified the kimono to be straight at the bottom).


I used the burn tool on the papers and hair for definition.
Background paper: Explore Solids by Catrine

Kimono: Jen Wilson's Yori papers

Geisha's Hair: Birgit's Retro papers

Doodle Border by Jenna Desai

Cherry Blossom branch (modified) by J.McCarthy

Font: CAC Shishoni Brush


Later gators! :)

5 comments:

Juliana said...

Those layouts are quite lovely. I really like them. The Japanese layout is beautiful and creative!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Mars, eh? I'll skip that and just try out some more of our own planet.

Melissa said...

I love the japanese layout. And am getting a kick out of your use of flair. lol

amanda said...

When my kids misbehave while we are eating out (which seems to happen more than it should) I think we'll have to go with your idea, and have them pay! hehehehe!!!!!
Great layouts, too! Awesome!

Michael Taylor said...

The "awe" layout is really cool. I like the cover layout for my mission pictures too. Keep up the good work.
Luv you.